Arc 4. Charming Black Sheep Meets Secret Beauty Otaku (Levi x Reader) Chapter 8

Start from the beginning

Maya was panting by the time she finished her spiel.

Even the normally immovable beast was taken aback by her exclamations, as made obvious by his wide eyes.

Levi was grateful that there were no other customers at this hour, but the two store clerks behind the cashier were sending them weird gazes.

He quickly defended himself, "Don't believe everything he says! As if I'd go around stalking anyone. A respectable fan keeps his distance--ah." Just now ... Levi made a mistake, didn't he?

He reluctantly turned his attention to you and found you smiling peacefully. So peacefully that he wanted to dropkick you to the next century.

"Why did you stop?" You leaned closer, closing your eyes. "I want to hear you profess your admiration of me some more, Levi-chan."

Levi sprung back from the nickname. He covered his face with his arms and stuttered, "I-I'm leaving!"

He snatched his backpack from the chair and hauled out the door.

You merely chuckled until the system spoke up.

[Host, wasn't that too cruel?]

"I told you, I'm the type to bully the one I like until they're crying. But don't worry, I'm also the type to chase after the beauty and comfort him with all. My. Heart."

Uwak refrained from remarking "Knowing the Host's morals, a normal person might not want your version of 'comfort.'"

You got up and motioned for Maya to follow you.

As you walked out the coffeeshop, you heard barking. Perfect.

"Maya, there is someone I want you to meet." You walked into the alleway between the cafe and Sakura's Little Bookstore.

Levi was kneeling in front of the makeshift dog house you built from carton boxes.

A few days ago or so, you noticed that the puppy was getting heavier than what you expected from what you've been giving him, so you decided to investigate a little.

Though you did mess around with Levi earlier, there were a lot of coincidences between you two. The meeting at the mall, the banquet dinner, this coffeeshop and now the puppy that he's been feeding in secrecy.

"Maybe we are fated," you mumbled with a smirk.

Levi was so busy coddling the dog that he didn't notice you or Maya. "Eat up, okay? You gotta grow big and strong so no one will bother you in the future, Boba."

He only realized that they had company when you laughed.

"What a nice name," you said, approaching them.

"Shut up, at least it's better than dumpling or, or--"

"Or what, Levi-chan?"

Levi blushed and turned away from you. "Whatever."

You shrugged and knelt down next to him. You watched the puppy devour a cup's worth of dog food. "Well, at least I don't have to worry about him starving. Oh, right--" You quickly called on Maya and introduced her to the dog.

"Little sister, this guy here is Boba. He's the one I wanted you to meet."

"He's so cute!" Maya squealed as the puppy finished its meal and trotted towards her.

"I originally wanted to give him to you but it seems like he has another master."

Maya looked at Levi, who cleared his throat.