「 04; Confrontation 」

▬▬▬▬

One week avoiding Jay. Sunghoon felt proud of himself. At the same time a bit guilty.

Jay would sometimes approach him whenever he gets the chance to. But as always, Sunghoon would act as if he's not there. Like Jay is talking to no one. 

Questions like,

"Hey Sunghoon! Wanna hangout?"

"Sunghoon, do you wanna go together?"

"Hoon-ah, let's go to our usual place huh?"

Were always left unanswered.

The older grew confused every now and then. He doesn't know why the younger was doing this. This time, he wanted to confront him by force.

Before he could do that, he accidentally bumped into another student.

"Jay hyung?"

"Uhm, do I know you?"

"Jungwon, I'm Yang Jungwon" The small boy introduced himself as he picked up his papers from the ground.

"Ahh, but how do you know my name?"

"Oh right, I know a lot of people here. Your friend Sunghoon is not here with you again, what's happening between you guys?" Jungwon asked out of curiosity.

Jay who was lowkey scared of the younger replied anyways, "I don't know either, that's why I'm trying to find him. Do you know where he is?"

"Nope never saw him today- wait! he's right there!" The boy pointed to where the front doors of the school is. Jay looked back and indeed, his friend was there.

"Thanks Jungwon!"

"No problem~ Goodluck hyung cause I could feel his cold aura growing stronger" Jungwon stated, acting like he's shivering as he left the older right there.

Sunghoon felt like someone was watching him but as he was about to leave the school building, he felt someone dragging him by his hood.

"You little-"

"You're coming with me."

Sunghoon immediately recognized that voice which is none other than Jay. His authoritative tone enough to shut him up.

The duo ended up in an empty and abandoned classroom. The older letting go of Sunghoon whilst locking the classroom doors.

"What do you want from me?"

"Answers to why you're avoiding me."

Sunghoon's lips formed a thin line. There wasn't actually an exact answer. He opened his mouth but nothing came out from it.

The younger frowned and looked down. While Jay was there, waiting for his reply.

"Hoon, look at me"

The younger did as what he said, gulping as he looked at the older straight in the eye.

"It's about the kiss isn't it?"

"mhm" Sunghoon nodded, only feeling guilt in his system.

"You know, just forget that happened. It won't mean anything to our friendship, I swear" Jay stated while laughing it off just to lighten the mood.

"yeah, so are we still friends?"

"ofcourse" Instead of shaking Sunghoon's hand, he gave him a little hug.

"How come a cold person like you feel so warm?"

"Hey I don't have that of a bitchy attitude"

"Yeah sure sure"

They looked at each other for a bit then separated from their cuddle session. Sunghoon who was genuinely smiling at him.

"Sunghoonie, let's go?"

The younger nodded following him out of the room. Like a lost penguin right behind the older.

"So much for planning to avoid him.."

Sunghoon's still unsure about this though. Yeah Jay told him to forget about that accident though he still can't help but feel weird about it.

Like it was an illegal action he wouldn't dare to do. It's even worse that he kissed a literal male.

Call him homophobic or whatever. But it wasn't his fault he was influenced by a toxic household.

His parents always think that it wasn't right for same-sex people to date each other. And it wasn't meant for the world they live in.

After Sunghoon saw how his brother was kicked out of their place after finding out he's gay, he told himself never to fall in love with anyone else. Sure females do exist but he didn't want that either.

Ever since then, he never got in contact with his brother. He didn't even know if he's still alive and doing well.

And everytime Sunghoon trys to hangout with his friend, his parents would remind him of his 'disgusting' brother.

Yet here he is, at the cinemas with Jay. To atleast distract their thoughts from school and other issues.

"Sunghoon, you're dozing off again, the movie's about to start" Jay looked at the younger, having an unsettling feeling about this.

"Oh, sorry.."

"Lighten up a bit you know, your so deep in your thoughts, it scares me"

"Right, yeah" Sunghoon let out a small chuckle, scratching the nape of his neck.

Now the cinema lights went dim, signaling the movie to start.

▬▬▬▬

── see, no one can resist the park jongseong