14 | I Can't Feel Your Heart

[ chapter fourteen ] i can't feel your heart

BURNING EMBERS FELL TO THE GROUND as the main entrance door opened by itself

BURNING EMBERS FELL TO THE GROUND as the main entrance door opened by itself. Crumbs of the ceiling were lying on the floor still smoldering although the smoke residues were nowhere to be seen.

Dormammu pushed Nicholas inside as it took him too long to look around to see all the debris bordering their view. The boy tripped over his own leg, and fell back to his knees, letting a loud hiss out of his lips to resound the place. As he took a look at his palm, there were thousands of glass fragments, some of them pierced through his skin.

"It seems like your world is shattering, and you even got to talk to him," Dormammu pointed out, smirking as he noticed the distress inside the naive boy. He came forward to pick him back up, however, Nicholas broke free from Dormammu's grip by quickly moving his elbow, still stumbling, feeling the pain from previous hits.

"Oh!" Dormammu yelped, shaking his head in disbelief when he all of a suddenly got the strength to be a meanie in this scenario.

"Where is he?" Nick questioned, still thinking that he could think of a plan for how to escape from the Sanctum Sanctorum before it falls or before Dormammu will interfere with his decision. That's the last thing he would do in his life, telling his father that he worked with the Lord of Chaos only to stab him in the back.

"I don't know. I'm not omnipresent like my sister," Dormammu shrugged in confusion since he was randomly looking around. He definitely knew where Stephen Strange was.

"You know too well that I don't like my hands getting dirty," he chuckled mysteriously as all of the lights dimmed, leaving only the burning remains of the building. Something even covered the window from the outside to block the coming light.

"Have fun!" Dormammu's voice deepened as he vanished into nothingness, but his presence remained as he was simply watching him from a distance to see if he was really going to fulfill their deal.

Nicholas froze as he realized that he was there alone in a concealed shadowy place with a fire flaming in the distance, tinting the room in red. His legs shivered as he decided to make the first move. This was a kind of a maze as there was mess lying everywhere, nevertheless as he moved forward he managed to realize that the debris was creating a path, helping him to easily move around.