06 | Join the Whisperer (2/2)

[ chapter six ] join the whisperer (part two)

THE EMBODIMENT OF DARKNESS, a dark cloud with beaming tusks jumped from behind the tree trunk and was attacking its newest target — Loki.

Nicholas automatically ducked down as he observed the coming peril its weight bent over the trees that came to its way. It flew over the river as a gloomy cloud that was expecting to set a rain yet it descended back drastically as a tsunami, taking off the snowy cover as a destructive flood. The darkness of the beast's body engulfed them.

Nicholas' ear was pressed on the man's chest listening to his heart that was losing its constant beat, dying in the end but soon as the purple flickers appeared and Nick touched accidentally the man's wound as he was trying to get back to his feet, the man came back to life, exhaling loudly but the dark energy consumed him, decayed into purple pieces of dust.

Nick heaved a sigh as the image of a man crumbling into dust carved into his mind which was always pitch black yet now was repeatedly showing him the terror captured in his eyes as the invisible force was ripping him apart.

He jumped back to his feet as a green flare blinded him, needing to cover his eyes with his forearm. The green outline disappeared with viridescent sparkles that set down, illuminating the snow that was sprinkled with bits of the serum.

The beast stopped near to the place Loki stood before, sniffing the liquid as if it needed to track the ampules down which eventually turn out to be true as the monster snarled and begin to follow the atrocious smell.

Nicholas' eyes flashed with regret, observing the vanishing greenish outline.

His heart struck as he tried to get back to his feet, swaddled in snow, discerning that the monster was gazing into his soul.

The white craters that acted as eyes beamed now in crimson red. Nick backed little by little, dragging his knees in the slush. The snow slurry cracked under his weight which made the beast even interested, catching its attention.