Prologue: How It All Started

At Queens, New York...

The name's Petra. Petra Parker. And I'm your friendly neighborhood, Spider-Woman. And right now, I'm taking down one of my villain buddies. For like the 100th time. Do these evil doers ever stop? Let me answer that for you. No.

Anyways, I'm fighting against, drum roll please, the Green Goblin.

I swing from building to building, eventually catching up to the guy.

"Come on man. You know you're going to eventually end up in jail. Just give up already!", I say, hoping he takes that and gives up.

"Not a chance, little spider. I have a feeling that today I will be victorious", he says, dodging incoming traffic.

"Whatever. If you say so.", I say. He snickers and pulls out his bombs, throwing them on the sidewalks onto people who are innocently walking. I go over and save the people each time, hoping that he stops throwing them eventually. And he does.

But unbeknownst to me he had thrown something at me, it landing next to me.

Nothing happened.

"Huh. I guess that one was a dud?", I questioned, bending down to grab it.

"Guess I'll just get rid of it", I decided to crush it with my bare hands. Wrong choice.

A huge black portal looking thing popped out of nowhere and I struggled to get away. It was sucking me in!

I heard laughter and looked up.

"I bid you farewell, Spider-woman. For once, the bad guy has won and the hero has fallen.", he laughs hysterically, quickly hovering over to me.

"It's a shame you won't see what wonders I'll do here without you. Oh well. Good bye, little spider!", He kicks me, just enough for the portal to suck me right in.

"Green Goblin! You've taken this too far! When I get my hands on you-", the portal sucked me completely in and everything went black. Only me and my thoughts.

My friends and family...I need to get back, please! I haven't even told my crush that I like him. Green Goblin is DEFINITELY going away for a long time.

I was pulled out of my thoughts and eventually started seeing color. And I was...falling?!?!

Thinking fast, I put myself into a position where I at least would get a couple scratches. A whole city was under me and the buildings started getting closer. My spider senses started tingling. I know! I'm in danger!

The first thing I did was I tried making a big, soft landing by making a big web between two buildings.

It took a lot of webbing but, it started looking landable. I hoped and braced for impact.

I opened my eyes and I breathed a sigh of relief. I had landed safely onto my self-made net. Or so I thought.

I had landed, but it broke a few seconds after. My instincts kicked and I jumped towards the wall, sticking on tight. Perks of being a spider mutant thing.

When the coast was clear, meaning no one was around, I climbed up on the wall and hunched over onto the roof.

I slowly stood up and looked at looked at my new surroundings. Where am I? This is definitely not New York...but it is?