𝟏𝟑. into the woods

Start from the beginning

There was no sound coming from anybody or anything, there was nothing. Kloe's chest slightly heaved with tension as she slowly stepped forward. Rick began to walk closer to the tent, Shane followed. Daryl hesitantly unzipped the tent flap, trying to not make too much sound. As Daryl lifted the tent flap, the familiar smell of putrid corpses filled replaced the fresh air.

The three men all coughed at the smell, and even from a distance Kloe felt her face grimace from the smell and covered her nose with her hand. She watched carefully as the Dixon man entered the tent, the knife staying in his hand. The two men that waited for the man began to repetitively cough and gag.

"Daryl?" Carol called out, but there was no answer, "Daryl?"

The man inside the tent lifted the flap and stepped out, "It ain't her," he informed. Carol turned to Lori with sadness as she rubbed the woman's shoulder to comfort her.

"What's in there? It stinks," Kloe asked, turning her head around with a scrunched up face. Some eyes were set on her, but others were set on Rick, Shane and Daryl.

Andrea stood the furthest, in the same shoulderless black and white shirt. She had a duffel filled with supplies. Carl stood beside Andrea with his hand covering his nose, he was wearing a bronze colored jacket. Lori was comforting Carol, who was wearing a beige fishnet cardigan and an indigo flower print blouse underneath. Lastly, stood Zayn and Glenn. Zayn had a hatchet in one of his hands, and the other hand holding onto his hip. He was wearing a buttoned up sacramento green shirt. Glenn had the same machete pro he had grabbed onto back on the highway, and he was wearing a multicolored t-shirt: sky blue, a darker blue, persian red and white.

"Some guy," Daryl answered, causing Kloe to spin her head back around, still clutching onto her nostrils. "Did what Jenner said. Opted out," he threw his crossbow over his shoulder, "ain't that what he called it?"

Unexpectedly, bells rang out in the distance, causing the group to pause on the spot to figure out which direction it was coming from.

"Where's that coming from? It could be from anywhere," Zayn asked, darting his head in every direction. Everybody else looked around, trying to locate the sound.

Kloe stood still, focusing onto the sound that was blaring out in the distance. Simultaneously, the Grimes man and the younger Schmidt pointed into a direction and instantly began to sprint. Rick and Kloe were taking the lead. It may have been a bit tricky for Rick to pinpoint the sound, but for the girl; it was a piece of cake.

She watched Rick swing his head side to side. "What direction?" Shane asked, gasping for air. His eyes looked into the two adults' eyes for an answer. Kloe looked at Rick, but he didn't have an answer. She did.

"I think that way," Rick stated, pointing to the side. "I'm pretty sure. Klo, can you correct me if I'm wrong?" She quickly nodded and raised her finger in a completely different direction to where Rick was pointing to.

"No offense, Rick, but when we were on the highway Kloe noticed the herd coming before any of us did. She has like this super hearing thing," Zayn stated, standing by his sister's side. Rick nodded his head, sending a small smile.

"It's hard to tell out here. How can you know?" Shane inquired, gripping onto his gun as he looked around at the beautiful scenery.

"If we hear them, then maybe Sophia does too," Carol breathed, sharing a few glances with members of the group. Kloe knew exactly where the bells were coming from. Just as she parted her dry lips to speak, Glenn beat her to it.

"Someone's ringing those bells, maybe calling others," Glenn suggested as everybody's attention fell onto him.

"Or signaling that they found her," Andrea added, a slight look of happiness on her lips, quickening her pace.