Kyoko must be losing her mind, right?

Aggressively clearing her throat, she began to head towards the doorway and spoke out to Naegi who had slight life in his eyes.

"If you want to move forward, do what I failed to acknowledge until now. I'm proud of you, I'm sure your family and even Yui would be as well."

Soft footsteps of heels echoed throughout the corridor while she walked away, shaking her head before staring at her gloves.

"I can't baby him like that, I'm just making a fool out of myself." She whispered quietly, confused by why she even acted that way just now.

Pressing the button for the elevator, she heard loud footsteps following behind her only to be greeted by Naegi who had roughly put on his jacket and had attempted to follow after her.

"As I said before, never understood how you got around here in heels." He gasped out, kneeled over while they'd waited.

A rarity had occurred; Kyoko was chuckling.

"It's a mystery, but I do feel like I've let you know more than I should have; Makoto I-" Before she could finish, the door opened to Asahina who wondered why she even ended up in the lower levels in the first place.

"So that's why I went down." She said out loud, watching as Naegi and Kirigiri quickly turned their heads away from each other while entering the elevator silently.

"Uh, yeah. We just needed to get back up top." Naegi explained, chuckling nervously.

Aoi blinked, glancing back and forth before chuckling with a snicker.

"I see what's happening here!" She exclaimed proudly.

Kyoko turned her head towards the interior of the elevator as Naegi looked down at the floor in embarrassment.

"I have no idea what you're implying," Kirigiri stated with crossed arms and her purple eyes narrowed while shuffling closer towards the back of the elevator.

"You two are closer! That explains a lot." She proclaimed with a loud huff before letting out an audible gasp.

"One of you should have told me, I could have helped; for donuts of course," Asahina said with a grin before it quickly faded.

She was most definitely troubled by the recent events here and not even on the front lines of what was really happening beyond the thick reinforced walls of what was supposed to act as the middle ground of the city and its neighboring islands.

A small snort escaped Makoto's lips, it was best if neither he nor Kyoko said a word for what happened downstairs as the business had to be taken care of now that a lead was found.

He chewed on the inside of his cheek, clutching his phone tightly while in hopes that the device was wrong before smiling widely as a farce.

The elevator doors opened as Kyoko began to head straight for the place they started, with or without Hina or Naegi following behind her.

Naegi raised an outstretched hand before lowering it with a heavy sigh.

"I'll be in her office, don't worry about anything until an announcement is made."

"What announcement? What's exactly going on?" The tan girl huffed in annoyance, upset she was being kept in the dark.

Her question was met with the male walking away, leaving her behind while other agents shuffled around the area and the council members were nowhere to be seen and the building in an almost tranquil state of silence.

Aoi Asahina wanted answers, the worst way to get them was interrupting whatever the hell was going on between Naegi and Kirigiri; The last thing she wanted to ruin is what they had going on, in more ways than one.