CHB- Carrots Have Bronchiole

Thank you science for the final word^

Okay, here we go. I'm starting a video diary about my adventures with the Kane siblings.. My name is Percy Jackson and I am your host. Let's get started.

Camp's border shimmered just past Thalia's oak. A grin spread across my face. You know that feeling when you finally remember something you've forgotten or found something you lost for a long time? That's what I was feeling in that moment.

Peleus gave me an affectionate snort as I walked closer and suddenly the real world disappeared. It felt as if I'd stepped into a fantasy. 

The sun beamed down on 200 odd kids running and relaxing and training and generally having a good time. The familiar once-omega shaped cluster of cabins each shone with a different uniqueness. The Apollo cabin blinded me with it's solid gold walls. The Hecate cabin enchanted me with the scent of potions. And the Hypnos cabin made me want to sleep like little toddler Percy all over again. 

One thing everyone had - whether they were dryad, centaur or demigod - was joy. 

Camp has a sort of magic that makes it feel unrealistic. Dream-like. Impossible. This magic isn't just magic but a way of life. You'd probably tell me that's cringey and weird but it's true. But you'd have to be there to understand it. I'm not usually that good with words but when you love something truly, it's easy. 

Will and Nico walked up the hill to meet me, with their whole good-and-evil, light-and-dark vibe going on. Nico honestly looked so different from that mythomagic, hyperactive kid we'd rescued from an evil teacher. He was going through his emo phase. But honestly, I'm glad he's happy again. 

"Hey Percy! How are you, man? Camp's been so boring without any exploding toilets!" Will called out. Nico just waved.

"Glad to see your ok gays! Sorry, I meant guys."

Suddenly I was tackled into hug by someone behind me. I turned and saw Grover bleating excitedly. 

"Percy! You're back! Annabeth's gonna be so excited! I've missed you! There's been no need for as many searchers as there were before so I got time off. How's your mum?"

We started chatting for a while before Nico and Will went for pinochle and tea with Chiron. Grover and I headed down to the Athena cabin to find Annabeth. I found her and her bunkmates cowering outside the door.

"Spider?" I asked, already knowing the answer. Nothing usually scares Annabeth and her siblings but spiders was like school at the weekends for them. Apart from Josie, she's not just scared of spiders but also the dark, snakes, heights, death and pretty much everything.

I got a cup and a piece of paper and removed the arachnid from the vicinity. Annabeth pulled me in for a hug, whispering praises to Elysium and back. Together we traipsed down to the beach for a nice chat together.

I really really love Annabeth. So you may say it's cringey, just like my description of Camp Half-Blood, but she's brilliant. Whenever I visit, we sneak into the kitchens and have baking competitions. She'll leave little notes around my cabin that always bring me joy. She's my rock, I've never had to try and keep her safe, as she can do it herself. Annabeth is and will always be the one constant beauty in my life.

We sat down on the sand, just chatting. Her cousin from Boston had some. . . issues, her younger twins had just started Middle School ( I thinks that's what it's called) and her stepmother was getting better than a worthless blob*

"Hey Annabeth I um, have something to tell you. I-"

It was at this moment that Nico decided to to interrupt. 

"Dreadfully sorry to intrude on your special moment but Chiron needs you up at the Big House."

I groaned as I stood up. My legs were dying. Walk to camp, to the Athena Cabin, to the Beach and now the Big House. Nico had vanished into thin air so left just us to walk there. We got onto the subject of school.

A worthless seven hours of our lives everyday. Scratch that, it eats into our spare time with homework. I honestly think we'd learn a lot more if we actually learnt stuff we need to know. No one needs to know how to calculate further algebra unless they become a mathematician. What we do need know however is how taxes work or how to employed. Guess what they don't teach you.

I do apologies, I got away with myself. Who am I kidding? I don't really care.

By this point, we had almost reached the Big House. Annabeth turned to me with that expression on her face.

"Percy, are you scared what Chiron could want from us? What if it's another life-threatening quest, or the Gods demand something out of us. I don't think I could handle that. I don't think any of us could."

I took Annabeth's hand and pulled her in for a hug. I didn't know how to comfort her without telling her lies. Truth be told, that's exactly what I was fearing too. Camp Half-Blood definitely couldn't withstand another war or attack. We'd lost too many. 

"I don't know, Annabeth. But you're one of the strongest, smartest people I know and if anyone could sort things out before a war started, it will be you."

By the time we had reached the Big House, Nico was deep in conversation with Will and Hazel. Chiron looked worriedly at the pinochle board, thinking like tomorrow depended on it.

"Ah Percy, Annabeth, now I can finally get to the main focus. I do not know much, unfortunately, but the Gods want you to see them at Olympus this afternoon. They have told me to tell you that there is no need for any violence as it'll be a meet and greet type thing for some very wealthy people."

"We're going to a business event?" Hazel asked, confused.

"What, don't tell me you don't know about the very famous Olympus Olive Order?" Just cause there was an extremely boring meeting coming up doesn't mean I couldn't joke around.

"You best be going. Can't keep them waiting."

And that was about that. Until next time I suppose.

Words: 1067

*This is what my Year 5 teacher called my friend - a worthless blob of incompetent nothing