Chapter Twenty two

He knelt in front of her. Like a knight kneeling before his queen.

He took her foot and gently caressed it. The feel of the soft garment on her bare skin, the slight touch of his fingers as he moved the garment to her ankles up to her calf, and the sensual look he was giving her sent her heart flipping into a somersault.

He painstakingly dragged the garment up her thigh. She took a sharp intake of breath when he intentionally grazed his fingers on her inner thigh as he settled the garment there. His hand lowered. Ever so gently, he raised her foot. She wondered what he was planning to do.

Her breath was caught in her throat. She was overcame with surprise when he brought her foot to his lips to offer it a kiss, like a knight swearing his eternal loyalty to his queen. And his eyes... His eyes spoke of love... honesty... devotion... sincerity. Everything that she needed was reflected in those beautiful brown eyes.

And River is offering it all to her.

She bit her lip to stop them from quivering. She suddenly wanted to cry.

He is all she could see at that very moment. He occupied her thoughts. And there is just so much more that she wanted to do to him right then and there.

She wants to push him onto the floor and straddle his waist. She wants her hands all over him while she kiss him passionately. She wants to feel the evidence of his desire deep inside her. She wants to make love to him. She wants this man to be hers in every way possible.

God... but she wanted him. She never knew how much until this very moment.

"What a romantic display of affection! A love fought and won over. I can almost hear another wedding bells ringing ladies and gentlemen!"

Hiyawan ang pumailanlang sa paligid. Hinawakan nito ang kanyang kamay at saka hinila patayo. He then leaned forward and whispered in her ear. "I can't wait to remove the garter from your thigh when we're alone..."

She bit her lip at the seductive voice he used. "And if I don't let you?"

She gulped when he gave her a knowing smirk. "Then I'm going to seduce you into giving in, cariña. And I promise you, you will... give in."

Hindi siya nakahuma. Pakiramdam niyang pulang pula ang mukha niya. Kagat labi na lang na nagpatianod siya dito nang hilain nito pababa ng stage at igiya sa upuan ng mga kaibigan nila. Sinalubong sila ng mga nanunuksong ngiti at tingin nang makalapit.

"So kelan ang kasal?" Tanong ni Cece.

Tumingin sa kanya si River. Tumingin din sa kanya ang lahat. Everyone was waiting for her answer. Napalunok siya. She have never felt immense pressure until this moment.

"Ahm..."

"The date isn't what's important right now. Kung kelan siya handa, doon namin iisipin. If Thalya wants to take it slow, then we'll take things slow. We're not rushing." Sagot ni River.

Napatingin siya dito. How come he always know what exact things to say at the right moment?

Magnus and Chase nodded in agreement. Mason and Aiden just grinned while Nick, Cole and Cece looked at River with a proud expression on their faces.

"What?" River said awkwardly when he noticed the look his friends are giving him.

"What if there is already a baby along the way?"

Her head whipped around to Cece. The woman just shrugged.

"That's impossible. We use protection everytime. Maingat kami pagdating sa bagay na iyan kaya— ouch!" Reklamo ni River ng sikuhin niya ito sa tagiliran.