ONE [ I Hate this life ]

"Did you hear that Mike banged Charlene?"

I wiped the tables since the former customer decided to be a little bitch and requested for my manager to replace her food after a minuscule hair was seen on top of it— it doesn't even look like fucking hair.

"Ugh! You soiled my channel bag!" The woman popping bubble gum screams.

I look down, saw the fakest channel bag I've seen, and was tempted to sneer back at her. "I'm sorry ma'am, I have a tissue here-"

"Tissue?! My channel bag, a limited one, has been soiled by your clumsy, inexperienced self! I wanna talk to your manager!" She was a loud one, shrill to the point I almost wanted to slice her throat out.

"I'm sorry but what is happening here?"

Fuck.

I hate this life of mine.

So after that fiasco, my salary was sound educated by those spoiled giggly rich wannabes. The gates closed with a bang and I prayed that it won't fall over and it didn't— not until I held it with all of my strength.

"Stupid gate!" I grunted, leaned the heavy, rustic metal into the wall, and rummage through my bags to fish out my keys. "I'm home" I muttered underneath my gasping breath.

There my Ma was looking at the window will where she would usually wait for my father as he goes out for work; her eyes hollowed, been that way for the past seven years after my Pa died of a car accident from some chase action one would typically see in a movie.

No, he was not a robber nor a kidnapped, he was just one of the unfortunate souls that died that day.

Unfortunate. Just like what we are now. No amount of compensation could bring my Ma back to life.

"You didn't eat again, did you Ma?" The leftover food lay cold beside her, I was irritated and was tempted once more to take it to the trash but that would be a stupid, rookie mistake.

So I ate it.

"Pa is dead, your daughter is not"

No answer.

I was already numb after all the pleading I did just to make her come back, so I resorted to telling her the harsh, painful reality. Still no answer.

"Let's get you to bed- Aw! No, Ma! Bed, now!"

This is the only time that she reacts when I say the word bed because she's not gonna be waiting by the window for my dead father.

With bruises already forming from my pallid, malnourished skin, I dragged my mother to the bed and locked the door ignoring her cries for my father.

Pa is dead but not your daughter, but it seems like I'm much better dead if you could only see the dead living in your head.

***
Chapter 1 is up!

Rough start eh? But things will get better, I suppose? Not sure, what do you think of today's chapter?

Hope you like this chapter!

Stay safe and healthy!

Make sure to VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!