One-Shot: ☁️Nightmares☁️

Start from the beginning

Aika: "Oh, yeah I'm okay."

Tokoyami: ... "Then, why do you look like you've been crying? And you're also sweating a little."

N: Aika looked down and covered her blushing face with a groan. Tokoyami moved her hand away and cupped her cheek and wiped away the tears from her eye.

Tokoyami: "If you need me to talk to, come and tell me." That's what I remember telling you at one point."

N: Aika simply nodded and Tokoyami gave her a hug and she hugged him back as she began to cry. Tokoyami hugged her slightly tighter and nuzzled his head against hers, Aika gritted her teeth to hold back her crying.

Tokoyami: "Would you like me to stay?"

N: Aika opened her eyes in disbelief then her eyes filled with more tears, she just nodded and he held his arm around her and guided them into the room before closing the door behind them. Aika began whimpering and Tokoyami put his hand under her chin and picked her head up. Tears fell from her eyes and she pushed his hand away and ducked her head. Tokoyami grabbed her arm's and kneeled a bit to look her in the eyes but she kept ducking and turning her head.

Tokoyami: "Amari, look at me please."

Aika: "No." She said in a slightly high voice.

Tokoyami: "Please. I want to see your face. There's something I have to see."

N: Aika opened her eyes and turned her head and looked at him. He cupped her cheeks and picked her head up more so her eyes met with his.

Tokoyami: "Hmm, there they are. Those beautiful eyes that always shine and sparkle more brightly than the stars in the sky."

N: Aika began to lightly blush, he wiped away her tears and put her hair behind her ear. Aika turned her head to the side and tried to push him away but he took her hand and held it against his chest. Aika gritted her teeth again and tried pulling away. Tokoyami kept holding her hand then she started trying to push him away but he just tried to hold her.

Tokoyami: "Amari, look at me."

Aika: "MMM!!" She said pulling away.

Tokoyami: "Amari, look at me. You're alright, you're alright."

Aika: "No! J-Just lemme go! Lemme go!" She said as she cried trying to push him away.

N: Tokoyami held her tight no matter how much she struggled. Aika kept trying to get herself free from his grip but nothing worked. She tried turning herself around but he just grabbed her again, Aika began to whine and cry more as she still tried to get away until she and him slowly began sitting on the floor. Aika couldn't fight back anymore so she just sat in his lap and cried softly. Tokoyami let out a sigh and began slowly pulling her closer towards him till the back of her head was resting on his chest.

Tokoyami: "Shhh. It's okay, you don't have to be afraid anymore. I'll be right here for you."

N: Aika closed her eyes and bit her bottom lip to try and get herself together.

~~~

N: It had been twenty minutes, and they stayed sitting on the floor in silence. Aika felt too ashamed and embarrassed to even face him but Tokoyami just stayed quiet holding her in his arms.

Tokoyami: "Are you ready to get some rest? If you'd like, I'll still stay with you in case you have another nightmare."

N: Aika was a little surprised that he said he'll stay if she wanted him to after that. But a little part of her still wants him to stay, she nodded and he nodded back. He picked her up bridal style and she just held onto him and hid her face over his shoulder. He took them to bed and set her down and laid down beside her pulling back the covers. As he got underneath the covers Aika immediately held onto him and snuggled in close against him. Tokoyami got surprised but put his arm around her and held her close.

Tokoyami: .... "You weren't cared for properly by your previous lover when you were scared, were you?"

Aika: ... "No. That's why..I was being a pain. I'm not used to a guy doing things like this for me."

Tokoyami: ... "Never again. Any pain you feel, emotional, or physical. I'll be there to care for you, understand?"

Aika: "Yes." She smiled and closed her eyes and hid her face against his chest.

N: Tokoyami grabbed the covers and pulled it up to her chin and held her close. And with that they drifted off to sleep and Aika's nightmares had stopped that night. So she was sleeping peacefully with a smile on her face for the rest of the night.

(Well there u guy's go, a little fluff in the book. If u have any suggestions or requests for one-shots let me know. Hope ur enjoying the story so far, see ya in the shadows;)