•Just a Small Surprise•

En başından başla

The group of kids groaned and murmured. "It was worth a try," one of them told the others.

They languidly stood there for a moment more before going back to join their classmates.

Then Dark had a brilliantly scary idea.

□□□

"I wouldn't have expected you to be the one asking to go public first," Anti supposed as he flipped a pancake over in a sauce pan.

Dark was leaned against their fridge and slurping some delightful dirty bean juice from a mug.

"Well we don't have to tell them we're smooching in our free time, I just thought it'd be nice to have you come in and give them a break from one of my boring science lectures," Dark watched Anti's hands move the well cooked pancake to a separate plate, then start making another one.

Anti thought for a moment. "Don't you have to go over it with like, the school board or some shit?"

Dark shrugged. "Meh, I'm pretty sure we can just say you're coming in to give an inspirational speech about black holes or something and they'll just give you a visitors pass.".

Anti snorted and plated up some bacon he had prepared earlier with the pancakes. "Well I'm totally down," He said while grabbing a couple of forks.

Dark grinned. "Awesome, my kids are going to be ecstatic," He set down his mug and pulled Anti in by the collar of his shirt for a kiss.

"Your kids?" Anti mused after the quick smooch.

Dark shrugged, "Well yeah, I have partial responsibility for them eight hours and five days a week," He leaned in to kiss his partner before he could come up with any witty remarks.

Dark was the one to pull away first this time, but Anti brought him back in, and they stood there for a moment (or more than ten minutes) just reveling in each others presence.

□□□

It was 8:29 am, and the rest of Dark's first period class was filing in. He glanced around, spying to see if everyone was going to their respective places. The last few kids came in right before the bell rang with to-go boxes of the schools breakfast.

He took attendance quickly and sent the report to the office. Palms sweaty and heart practically skipping every other beat, Dark move in front of his desk to address the class. It was fine, he wasn't telling them he was in a releationship with Anti, he was fine.

"So guys," He started. "We're gonna be doing things a bit differently today, and you're all my guinea pigs," the room erupted into a symphony of confused murmurs.

Dark drummed his fingers against the wooden grain of the old desk. "Atoms and their various parts will be a subject for tomorrow, because today-"

Dark was stopped in the middle of his sentence as Anti barged through the door, perfectly cutting in as if they were acting out a low-budget, cheaply written script for an early 2000's 'coming of age' movie.

He was dressed up in a sequin vest and tight pearlescent pants that went together quite well with his pastel pink platform boots and boa scarf.