Ch. 18 "Bond"

Jaylynn POV 

My head tossed back and forth sweat covering my head as the flashbacks from HYDRA haunted my dreams. 

My eyes shot open, my breathing uneven. I squeezed my pillow close to me as I looked around. 

The thunder outside cracked making me jump. 

I hear the rain hitting the building hard. I peel the covers back off of me. still clutching the pillow as I slowly walked out of the room. 

I tip toe down the hall way. 

I hear something. sounds like fighting. 

"Fury I'm telling you for the last time back off. she is a kid what more do you want," I hear Tony he seems nice but I don't really trust anyone since well you know. 

"She could be a spy." Fury said 

"Yeah Fury sure a four year old is a spy." Tony said 

Actually I'm five but I guess it's a little hard to tell giving my smallness. 

I sighed walking away from the main room. 

I hear something. like something getting hit. 

I slowly open the door. 

I see Bucky hitting the punching bag. he was covered in sweat and hitting the bag with such force. 

I slowly make my way to the bench sitting on it. kicking my feet back and forth as I held the pillow close and made no sound. 

Suddenly the punching bag flew off the hinges. 

His breathing was ragged he turned around almost jumping but he didn't he looked more surprised. 

"Jaylynn I swear you are more quieter than a mouse." Bucky said wiping his face with a towel. 

"What are you doing up at this hour." He said picking up his phone seeing the time. 

"It is 2AM you should be in bed." He said picking me up balancing me on his hip 

"Bucky..." I said softly he stopped walking looking at me 

"What's wrong?" He asked 

I looked down at the floor. 

"You and Steve... your not going to take me back to them are you?" I said meekly just below a whisper 

Bucky set me down on my feet. he was keeling in front of my. 

"Jaylynn you have my word you will never go back to that god awful place."He said placing his hands on my shoulders lightly 

In a none threatening way. in a concerned and caring way. 

"I promise." He said 

I nodded 

Bucky smiled at me, 

He picked me up. 

"Come on you need to get some sleep." He said 

With that he walked me back to my room. laying me in the bed covering me with the blankets. 

"Try and get some sleep okay." He said tucking some of my hair behind my head. 

I nodded. 

He stood up. 

"Bucky..." I whispered

He looked back at me. 

"W- Will you stay with me... just. umm until.." I said as I stumbled over my words not finding the right way to say it. 

"Sure." He said as he smiled at me. 

He pulled up a chair sitting next to the bed. 

It was quiet. until he spoke. 

"Was it them?' He asked 

I looked at him. he was looking at me concerned. 

"The nightmares. is it them?' He asked 

I nodded. 

He keeled in front of me. cupping my cheek with his metal hand. 

"I promise Jaylynn. you are safe here you will never have to deal with people like HYDRA again. you have my word." He said sternly 

I nodded. 

"Now get some sleep." He said kissing my forehead. 

I finally felt safe for the first time in a very long time and I felt my heavy eyelids flutter shut.