19 - It Pours

Everest was having the shock of her life. Here's why. 

The day following from when the PAW Patrol came back from vacation, she decided to visit Adventure Bay, mainly to spend quality time with Skye. They hadn't done it in a while, so they both gathered in the comfort of the Lookout Tower's spacious living room. Both stocked up on snacks, such as liver treats and popcorn while brushing each other's fur and painting each other's nails. It was completely ideal for a normal, best friend hangout. 

Unfortunately, Everest forgot her favorite nail polish color—which was a crystal blue hue—so she settled back outside to swipe it from her snow plow, alongside a hairbrush. While trying to balance both, she dropped the hairbrush and reached down to pick it up. As she did so, she came across a folded wad of paper. 

Curiosity began to boil through her veins, so she opened it. She figured that it could've been some kind of shopping list, but it wasn't. Her mouth dangled wide open as she read it. It was completely anonymous from what it seemed, and the handwriting was readable, but she didn't know who the note belonged to. 

Everest. Everest the Siberian Husky, to be exact. 

I like her. She's fun, caring, pretty—I could go on for ages. Maybe the words I use to describe her sound normal, but she's like a different kind of gem—one that sticks out from the rest. 

This may sound cliche, like those annoying romance movies, especially the Hallmark ones that end with a kiss or something, but I love her. She is the highlight of my entire summer, even if it hasn't been so great so far. Being with her is the best thing I could ever wish for and I am truly lucky to even have her in my life. 

Nothing can compare to her crystal eyesor anything. I love her with all my heart and I miss her whenever she isn't here. 

Everest's mouth couldn't manage to close as she placed the note into her pocket. She carried the nail polish and brush into the Lookout, dazed. Skye seemed to notice as she retrieved her best friend's nail polish in preparation to paint her nails. "Everest? Are you okay? You look shocked," the Cockapoo questioned with a grimace as she popped the nail polish open. 

"I-I'm fine, Skye," Everest stuttered as she lounged onto a pillow. 

"What's going on? I can tell you're lying to me," Skye persisted as she raised an eyebrow. 

"Okay, fine, you got me," the Husky nagged as she pulled the note out her pocket. "I found this note outside as I was getting my things. It's directed towards me, but I don't know who wrote it." 

Skye grabbed the note from her out of curiosity, her eyes widening as her magenta eyes scanned the words. "Looks like someone has a crush on you," she smirked as she nudged Everest's shoulders. "It's probably Marshall." 

"How could you know for sure? The note is completely anonymous. Do you even know what Marshall's handwriting looks like?" Everest interrogated, an eyebrow raised. 

"No, but it's probably him who wrote it. I mean, who else could it be," the Cockapoo chirped as the nail polish's brush holder glided against one of Everest's nails. 

As the Husky dug her hand into the bowl of popcorn with her free front paw, she reflected off of it. Who else could've wrote the note—or in this case, the diary or journal entry? One of the other PAW Patrol members could've wrote it. The possibilities weren't endless, but there was still a chance that Marshall could've wrote it. 

At this point, there wasn't a way of knowing on her own. She genuinely hoped that Marshall wrote it, but there were still chances that he didn't. Speaking of Marshall, he walked out of the elevator, which was a distance away. He widened his eyes as he looked towards the living room, either because it was a mess or because Everest was here. Maybe both.