Chapter 02: Her Name is Soul

The human body consists of millions of cells so it could function properly. Just like the human brain, they manage every thought, feeling, and action. It would be easier to accept that. Madaling tanggapin dahil parang ito ang common denominator ng mga tao.

Yes, it would be easier.

Problem is that it's not for Yrina.

Inside her brain, she can without any effort know who controls the pedestal inside her mind. Not only that, she can also see them. Isa-isa silang sumulpot sa tabi ni Yrina. Sa totoo lang, clueless ang unang reaksyon tuwing makikita ang host ng katawan nila. It'll feel new but never distant. They're strange but familiar.

Noong una, titingnan lang sila ni Yrina na tipong normal na makikita o makakasalamuha mo lang sa daan. Hindi papansin dahil hindi kilala. May ilang beses na inakala ni Yrina na bukas ang third eye niya at multo ang nakikita niya pero dahan-dahan niyang naintindihan na parte talaga siya ng pagkatao niya.

It freaked her out, that's normal. She never fully understood how and why it happened, she had many guesses. But eventually, she just accepted the fact that she's now living with eight girls who help her live her normal life. Besides, they feel like family and she needed one so bad.

"Anong pangalan mo?" When Yrina finally caught on with what's happening inside her head, it became easier to welcome the girls.

Yrina has her own system, it's her and the 8 ladies namely Gie, Ruby, Rosie, Iliza, Wind, Soul, Shine, and Eri. Every girl has their different duties and responsibilities. All are obliged to make Yrina happy. She's their only one priority.

It's the weekend and Yrina already feels bad knowing that this day would be a drag. Paano kasi ay wala silang gagawin ngayon. Having a schedule or a routine has been a mandatory for her because it helps her think less. She needs to. It also helps her and the girls to put limits into everything.

She slowly opens her eyes and immediately finds Soul beside her, writing at her usual fast pace. Soul is always the first to wake up and the last to fall asleep. Wherever they go, she always makes sure that she has her pad with them. She tries to journal everything from the moment Yrina opens her eyes up to when she goes to slumber. There are times that she needs to wake up in the middle of the night so she could record Yrina's dreams and nightmares. Schedule and memories, she's in charge of them.