Prologue

It was September afternoon.

I liked the weather that day, it was not too cold nor too hot. It was just the right day to wear a light pullover and won't be bothered if you'll be sticky once the sunlight finds you. I remembered a mixture of students with their jackets on, smiling with the thought that Christmas will be here soon, and those who flaunt how the sudden change in the climate never bother them.

The lounge was busy. Even the students sitting beside were busy preparing for their upcoming tests or classes that day. Some were chattering about a specific party happened the other night or were talking about a celebrity I have no idea who was. I was just sitting there, unsure of what I was supposed to do or why I was there to begin with. I found myself staring on one closed classroom door, as if I was expecting it to open anytime soon.

And it did seconds after.

Then everything became slow, time did, or I thought I made it run slower. I turned into a child again but this time I was more patient, and in an instant I learned how to cherish every ticks and tocks.

My eyes followed her as she slowly made her way out of the room, her classmates tried to pass by but never pushed her. Every step was careful, everything surrounding her was serene. I had trouble catching up with my breathe, then I was calm.

"Yrina." I whispered.

Odd, I knew her name.

No, I already knew everything about her even though this was my first time seeing her. It felt like I already met her, talked to her, and even knew some secrets that she only shared to me. I was already part of her world.

I already knew  her current favorite song, Auburn by Brahny. She's been listening to it nonstop for a while now after overhearing it from a café she passed by. I knew that she's struggling finishing a book and can't get to a new one because she's feeling guilty leaving it undone. She wanted to eat a piece of sans rival, in fact she was craving for it since last week but never had the extra cash.

I knew she was sad.

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Tock.

Then one by one, I saw eight bubbles in total, in different colors. They lit so much, like they were screaming for more space, wanting to be recognized and to fill the entire lounge with their colors. 

And her eyes melted as she followed their trail, and somehow they stopped and found mine.

It was September afternoon.

Yrina and her eight bubbles.

Yeah, I fell in love.