Magnus Bane, High Warlock of Nothing

He looked so different. Subdued. He didn't have any glitter or extravagant articles of clothing. There was only a simple, yet seemingly expensive, outfit that looked like a higher quality version of what the boys were wearing last night.

Magnus.

She looked over at Alec purely out of curiosity to see his reaction. He looked stunned. How could he not? This is not the same Magnus he loves or knows. Poor Alec. At least he may now be able to get some information on his boyfriend's past.

"Mr. Bane! Good to see you again. Um this is Clary Fairchild, Jace Herondale, Alec Lightwood, and Isabelle Lightwood. They claim they know you from the future, 2007 to be exact." Charlotte gestured to each person as she said their names. "Well seeing as everyone is finished why don't we take this conversation to the library." Everyone nodded and followed Charlotte down the hall and into the library.

Once everyone was seated Magnus spoke up. "So where in the future are you from?"

Alec tensed, and sensing his discomfort, Jace spoke up. "2007."

"So you know me in your time?"

"Yes... we're pretty good friends." Alec said.

Jace smirked. "You could say that." Alec blushed as Clary elbowed Jace. He did not just say that to his Parabatai.

"So... Tell me. How did you get here in the first place, and how do you expect me to help?" Magnus asked.

"Well I sort of created a rune that brought me back in time, and the portal must have stayed open. I'm not sure how to get back or create a rune that will send me forward. Given time I can probably think one up, but since in our time you are the high warlock of Brooklyn, I thought you might be able to help."

"I can certainly try to find some way to make a portal to the future, but we only just figured out how to make a portal in the first place. It may take a while, but if you could remember the rune that sent you here, that might help. Just so you are aware, I'm not sure how much my expertise costs in the future, but it will cost a pretty penny."

"Wait hold on." Alec cut in before Clary could respond. "You invented the portal?" Alec had a look somewhere between shocked and delighted on his face.

 "With the help of Henry," Magnus responded with a lot of nonchalance and a hint of the pride they were used to in 2007.

Clary zoned out for the rest of the conversation after she had drawn the rune on a piece of paper. When everyone started to get up and leave, she was about to follow them, but she felt a sudden pressure on her upper arm. Jace. She knew she would have to face him sooner or later, but she hoped it would be later. He was giving her a stern look that look so much like Sebastian she had to force herself not to flinch.

They sat in silence until everyone had left exited. "Clary, what were you thinking coming here would do? What happened? Is this because of Sebastian? Did he make you come here? I am going to kill him!"

"Jace calm down! I came here on my own but..." She really had no idea how to tell him. There was this scary look in his eye that frightened her. If she was to tell him her real reason... No I have to tell him, she thought.

"But...?" Jace was losing his patience.

"But Sebastian threatened me."

"Threatened you how?" The look in his eye was now a mix of the dull rage he felt before, but mixed with some other emotion she couldn't quite place. It was somewhere between concern and curiosity.

" Well not me directly. Jace after this morning I saw how easily he could get into the Institute and it scared me. He's strong, powerful, and he doesn't have the fear of a normal human being. It's almost like all he cares about is power. Power and me. He wants me to join him, and now he knows the best way to get to me is through who I care about. He threatened you and Simon and Luke and everyone else I've ever remotely cared about. Sebastian knows I'm here and is more determined than ever to have me.

"Wait how do you know he knows you're here?"

"He told me." She stated as if it was obvious.

"What? How? When? Where? Did he hurt you, are you okay?" She knew she should have suspected those questions but they still took her by surprise and laughed before she could stop herself. Only a few people could elicit such a concerned response out of Jace, and Clary loved the fact she was one of them. 

"He came to me in a dream. At least I think it was a dream. He told me he knew where I was, and he was coming for me."

Jace was silent for a few minutes until suddenly he embraced her in a bone crushing hug. "I was so worried! Don't ever run off again unless-"

She cut him off with a kiss directly to the lips that lasted until Will frantically burst through the door moments later. He looked absolutely panicked! "Clary, you can make runes, right?" Without giving her time to respond he continued, "Jem is really sick andIs there a rune you could create to help him." For the first time since she had met him, he didn't sound arrogant or cocky.

Will sounded desperate.

"I can try, but it doesn't always work."

"Follow me." Will turned and left with Clary and Jace following closely behind the fast paced Will. A million thoughts were going through Clary's head at the same time. What if I can't save him? What if  I can't create a rune?

"In here." He opened the door across the hall from her and Tessa's rooms where Tessa was pacing. "Please try to help him," he pleaded.

Clary walked in the door, but she stopped and turned to the entourage following behind her. "I need to do this alone. It won't work if I'm distracted." Jace gave her an annoyed look but had long since learned not to question the fiery little red head. When no one verbally protested, Clary continued through the door.

*******************************

        Hey everyone! Sorry it's been so long since I updated. I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Please vote and comment.