Tours

London, 1878

Jace did not yet know what to think about his ancestors. He of course knew he had them, but he certainly didn't think he would meet them anytime soon. He also had no idea why Clary left to come here. Was it to get away from him or was it something else? The thought worried him.

"So..." Will said trying to break the silence. "What's the deal with you and Clary? Seems like there is a lot of unsolved tension between you.  Are you two together?"

"Yeah we've been together for a while. What's the deal with you and Tessa? There were plenty of loaded stares shooting back and forth between you." Jace countered.

"That is incredibly complicated. She is engaged to Jem, my Parabatai."

"But you love her don't you." Jace asked already knowing the answer. He was the same way

"The training room is right up here. This is where I beat everyone in-." Will cut off when he saw Gideon and Alec in the training room. " More Lightworms. Just great."

"Hey Alec is my Parabatai." Jace countered.

"Oh no! My family line has been corrupted! First my sister is involved a Lightworm, and now one of my offspring is practically brothers with one. What has happened to the noble house of Herondale?" Will exasperatedly said, receiving glares from everyone else in the room. "Anywhooo, come on Jace I'll show you where you are going to be sleeping." With that, they both left.

They ran into Izzy and Gabriel on the way out the door. "Ah more Lightwoods! That's fantastic! Now we are infested... At least they get prettier in the future." Will said staring at Isabelle. Jace swore he saw a quick smile on Isabelle's face, but it did't last long. I wonder if she if thinking about the daylighter? 

"Well your sister seems to think Lightwoods are pretty attractive even if you don't." Gabriel countered. There must be some history there, Jace thought.

"Yes I take that back you are attractive, but not in the way you think. It is the way a fly is attracted to rubbish."

"Did you notice that you just called your sister a fly?" Jace pointed out to Will.

"O gau i fyny" Will said under his breath in Welsh. "Pam roedd rhaid i fy nheulu i gael eu deallusrwydd anhygoel oddi wrthyf?" Little did he know Jace knew Welsh quite well from his time with Valentine. He chuckled. "Let's go. I will show you your room before anymore worms arrive."

Will seemed to be a lot like Jace though he was wondering why Will said, "Lightworm". They probably had some history, and come to think of it Will looked a lot like Alec. Maybe Cecily and and Gabriel... Anyway he really needed to talk to Clary.

While wandering through his thoughts, Jace hardly noticed he and Will had arrived at his bedroom. "You will be sleeping here. I am right across the hall, and Jem- if you remember him- is right next door to you if you need help. Actually just go to Jem." Will sourly stated. Normally Jace would have made some sarcastic comment about it, but right now he just wanted to see Clary.

"Do you know where Clary is sleeping?" He asked.

"Right there." Will said pointing at a room two doors down from his.

"Thanks." With that Will left, and Jace was left to his thoughts.

------------

Isabelle didn't know what to think of Gabriel yet. He was more outspoken than Alec but not as cocky as Jace. She notice how similar Alec and Will looked. Because there was no female Lightwood in the institute in 1878 and Gabriel did not seem her type, Izzy was convinced Cecily and Gabriel yeah know... How else would Alec look so much like Will? Even though Alec looked the most like Will, Jace and Will were much more similar. They had the same sort of arrogant aura that must have been a Herondale trait. Lost in her thoughts Izzy barely noticed that the only place left on the tour was the training room. They had an encounter with the Herondales right before they entered the room. 

Alec and Gideon were in the training room. There were a few moments of awkward silence before Gideon spoke up. "So do you guys have any other siblings?" Isabelle immediately looked down hoping her brother would answer which he did.

"Um well we did. His name was Max."

"If you do not mind me asking, what happened?" Gabriel asked the one question she was hoping to avoid. I do mind, she thought.

"Well last winter [A/N: I think it was winter] Clary's estranged brother Sebastian and her father Valentine launched an attack on Alicante. Sebastian was posing as an old friend, but when the attack started, he killed Max. He was only nine." Alec explained. 

 Izzy was still staring at the door with tears pooling in her eyes. She hated it when people saw her cry. It made her feel weak. She blamed herself for Max's death. If I could have just gotten there sooner.

"Izzy there was nothing you could have done." Alec comforted her. She must have said that out loud. "Could you both show us where we are sleeping?" They just nodded.

They started down the hall. When Isabelle got to her bedroom, she laid down quickly and tried not to shut her eyes. For if she did, she would surely dream of a bot she could not save.

**************************** 

Guess what I heard!?!?!?!?!?!?Yesterday I found out that they are definitely making TMI into a TV show! They will start over with CoB, thank the angel! It will be called "Shadowhunters" because If it goes will they will make it into a show that also includes the rest of the Shadwhunter chronicles. I am so excited!

 I know I haven't updated in a while so this is a pretty long chapter. Anyway please comment and vote.