He's Here

Hey everybody this is my first story so please don't judge to harshly. I'll try to make it as entertaining as possible. Also please get through the first chapter or two before you decide to read this story. They aren't my best work.

--------------------------------

"Sebastian what are you doing here?" Clary defiantly stared straight into the black pits called eyes glaring down at her.

"Aren't you glad to see me?" Sebastian's lighthearted voice sounded sincere, but Clary had learned better than to trust the outward appearances of others. Her brother always had alternative motives even when he was being kind. When Clary didn't respond, he grabbed her by the arm and pinned her to the white chair in the corner of her institute bedroom. She had been staying at the institute ever since Jace had been stabbed with the sword forged in heavenly fire. Even though Sebastian had gotten inside, her mother believed she would be safer with all the others shadowhunters, at least while her, Mayrse, Robert, Luke, and Simon where in Idris at a conference. But right now, she couldn't risk calling out to the others just in case that was his plan.

Clary knew better than to fight. She wasn't well enough trained, and Sebastian was one of the best shadowhunters there was, no matter how much she wished that wasn't true. He drew the same movement restricting rune Valentine had used on her at Lake Lyn to keep her in the chair. "If you want your precious friends to survive the day you may want to stay quiet until I get what I want."

But what did he want? Other than control over the world, all he seemed to want at the Institute is her. If his plan was to take her with him now, why didn't he just do it. The longer he waited, the more likely Jace or one of the others would come in her room. What if that's what Sebastian wanted? He and Jace were brothers in a sense, but Jace would never agree with him. Unless he was protecting her. "You're going to try to convince Jace to let me go with you without anyone following you."

"Wow Clary! Did you figure that out all by yourself? Now you would shut up if you were smart, or I might just have to-."

"That will never work Sebastian, and you know it." She cut off her brother. Jace may want to protect her, but there is no way he would ever let Sebastian take her. Clary told him what her brother tried to do to her in his travelling apartment when they got back to the Institute, and he was livid.

"All I know is that-."

Before Sebastian could finish his sentence, Jace waltzed into the room after a short knock. He didn't skip a beat before his seraph blade was out of his belt and ready in his hand. Why couldn't he have stayed away? Clary thought. He always had to save her, but how could she keep him safe?

"Sebastian," Jace said through gritted teeth. "What are you doing here? Get away from her!"

"Fantastic, you're here little brother. Perfect timing! Now the fun can really begin."

Jace was instantly upon Sebastian, blades clashing. Clary tried her best not watch Jace fight her brother. Brother. How could she be related to someone so evil? He looked so much like Valentine with his white hair and dark eyes. It hurt her to know that maybe, if she would have grown up with Sebastian and Valentine, there would be the possibility that he would have been different. But she couldn't think like that. If she had grown up with Valentine, she would have been a completely different person also, and she probably wouldn't have met Simon- her vampire best friend. There had to be a way to stop him and protect her loved ones, but how? Was there a way?

"Why don't you just give up now so you don't get hurt?" Sebastian said to Jace.

"Since when did you ever know me to give up." Jace spat at Sebastian.

At that Sebastian lunged for Jace and successfully landed a punch to the right side of Jace's face. Jace wasn't about to give up that easily though. He kicked Sebastian in the gut and jumped to avoid a kick to his feet, their blades forgotten on the floor. Even though Jace was a great shadowhunter, Sebastian was prepared with runes as Jace wasn't. Sebastian grabbed his sword from the ground and sliced at Jace's feet. Jace jumped onto Clary's bed. He kicked at Sebastian's head, but Sebastian grabbed his foot and flipped him. Jace was knocked out.

"You should tell the Clave about this sister. Maybe they can knock some sense into you and force you to come to me. Though I was hopping you would come voluntarily, I'm not opposed to using force." Before Clary could respond, Sebastian disappeared with a twist of his ring.

How could I let Sebastian do this? And why hadn't he just taken her right then and there. Clary thought as she was running over to Jace to examine his wounds. The rune had faded as Sebastian disappeared. She drew a quick iratze on him with the stele she found in her night side table. Soon enough he was awake.

"I'm so sorry! I never meant for anyone to get hurt but-" Clary said but was interrupted by her own sob. Why did she have to cry? She hated crying in front of people.

"Its okay," Jace quickly comforted her by pulling her into a hug as he kissed her fiery red hair. "It"s not your fault."

But it was. She shut her eyes and realized she couldn't let anyone else get hurt. Suddenly, without warning, a rune appeared in the darkness behind her eyelids. She had never seen this one before, but she somehow knew what she had to do.

---------------------------------------------

I've been thinking about writing this for a while. I hope you like it! Please share your thoughts!