Zayn moved Benjamin from around his legs so that he could kneel in front of him. Then he pulled him into his arms for a real hug.

"I'm really looking forward to spending time with you."

"Okay. I got something."

Zayn let go to look at him.

"What?"

"I like Playdoh. Do you like playdoh?"

"I used to play with it all the time as a child. But yes. I do like playdoh. It's fun."

"I'll go get mine."

When he took off towards his room, Zayn looked back at Harry who was standing with his arms folded and watching both of them carefully.

"Playdoh, huh?"

"Oh yeah. He loves that stuff. He was pretty disappointed that you stepped on his pretend hamburgers last time you were here."

"Yeah. Sorry."

"If he's not mad at you, I'm not mad at you."

For a brief moment, he and Harry locked eyes and in some odd way, Harry's eyes felt comfortable and familiar. Like he lived in them before. Because he did. Four and a half years ago.

"Harry."

"What?"

"Um... I'm sorry.  I didn't know. I should have gone about it differently when I found out. I shouldn't have-"

"It's okay. I get it. When you recognized he was your son, you showed up because you felt you had to. After all, I didn't tell you. So I don't fault you for that, Zayn. I don't fault you for showing up out of nowhere."

"Okay, yeah. And I'm grateful but I wasn't talking-"

"I got it!"

That was the voice of Benjamin who was just returning to the room with containers of playdoh in his hands and a plastic mat underneath his underarm. Zayn reluctantly turned away to share in his excitement

"Oh, yay. I can't wait to see what you'll make."

"Fun stuff. We'll make them together."

"Interesting. Well, let's get to it."

With that, Zayn helped Benjamin put the playmat down and open up his playdoh containers. Together they sat there in the middle of the living room, creating playdoh figures and sculptures while they watched a kids show on TV about a raccoon who went on lots of fun adventures. Zayn couldn't remember the last time he sat down and watched a kids' show. But this one was very entertaining. And he didn't mind Harry sitting on the couch and observing them quietly.

Around eleven thirty, they finally heard Harry's voice.

"Benny, are you hungry?"

And it sounded so soft and loving. Just the way Zayn would expect Harry to speak to their child. It was the way Harry used to speak to him.

"Benny." Harry called again.

"Hm?"

"Are you hungry, sweetie?"

He faced his father.

"Uh huh. Can we have the orange cups?"

"You mean the fruit cups with oranges, right?"

"Yeah. Those good."

"Of course you can. I'll put one along side a grilled cheese sandwhich. How about that?"

"Mmm."

Harry chuckled. He just loved how his son made it so easy to help him eat healthy. He was never really the picky type. He had always liked fruits and vegetables.