chapter 34

I grabbed one of the tapes and slid it into the opening of the beatbox. I clicked play and the familiar song 'Three Little Birds' by Bob Marley started to play.

I looked at sarah and started to sing "don't worry... about a thing" I said getting up and grabbing her hands, pulling her up to my height.

she looked at me and sang along "because every little thing... is gonna be alright" we said in unison, swaying back and forth.

pope got up and took kies hand as they started to sing too "singing, don't worry.. about a thing" they sang.

jj and john b had their arms around each other singing along as well.

I motioned for rafe to come over to sarah and i. he got up from his seat and danced towards us making sarah and I laugh. he got up on the bow and I put my other arm around rafe, making him sway back and forth with us.

"because every little thing.. is gonna be alright" we all yelled in unison.

we continued to dance away to the music. it almost felt like slow motion intaking this moment in front of me. the guys were getting along, the girls were laughing and having fun. this is what I needed...

***

we reached an opening in the water and john b parked the boat. pope opened the hatch and struggled to get the anchor out, almost falling after dropping it into the water.

sarah, rafe, and I were sitting on the edge of the bow, waving our feet back and forth in the water. john b came and sat down next to sarah and put his arm around her, making her shift a bit.

my eyes squinted at her, questioning what I saw in the kitchen earlier this morning.

"anybody wanna go swimming?" I asked.

"if we're skinny dipping then sure" jj smirked at kie, kie retaliated with a hit to his chest.

"ow!" jj yelped rubbing his chest.

"I'm with jj on that one" rafe said looking me up and down.

"I think rafe wants to go swimming," I said pushing his shoulders, "AHHH!" he screamed as he fell off of the boat and into the water.

I laughed to myself when his head popped up from beneath the water with an angry expression on his face.

he got up the side of the boat and took his soaking shirt off, throwing it on me.

I ripped it off and tossed it in the boat "asshole" I laughed.

rafe walked over to me and bent down next to me, inching his head towards my ear.

"you're going to pay for that later.." he seethed through his teeth and walked to the back of the boat near pope and jj.

oh boy...

I stood up and took off jj's button-up revealing my bikini. rafe ran his hand through his hair and bit his lip slightly.

I locked my bottom lip, made eye contact with rafe, and turned around diving into the water.

I swam up to the surface and pushed my hair out of my face.

"WOOHOOOO!!" kie and sarah yelled, holding hands as they jumped into the water.

jj walked to the front of the boat and cracked his knuckles.

"take it off!!" kie laughed.

jj did as requested and took off his shirt revealing the perfect abs. he twirled his shirt in the air and danced around for a bit.

"CANON BALLLLLL!!!" he screamed running off the boat, grabbing his legs as he jumped into the water.

pope frantically ran off the boat into the water, john b behind him.

rafe stood at the front of the boat and took his shirt off sending me a wink.

he dove in towards my direction and landed in the water gracefully without a splash in the water.

rafe used to be on the dive team when he was younger, I know that because sarah always dragged me to his meets when her parents dragged her.

I saw the shadow of his body moving towards me before his head popped up out of the water.

"bye, buddy hope you find your dad" rafe said in a lower tone causing us all to laugh.

***

after about an hour of swimming, we all got back on the pogue. pope struggled to get the anchor out of the water so jj grabbed the rope from him and pulled it himself.

"jesus pope my grandma can lift better than you and she's dead," jj said stowing the anchor into the hatch.

pope rolled his eyes and sat down next to kie and I.

"it's okay pope.. at least u can read" I smirked at jj and shrugged my shoulders.

"hey I can read!" jj retorted.

"yeah, picture books" john b snickered.

"you know that's why pope and I make such a good pair" jj said, "he's got the brains I've got the strength" he added.

"that's like rafe and I," I said.

"rude!" rafe crossed his arms from across the boat.

"you spelled "excuse me" as "exquize me" in the 7th grade" sarah rose an eyebrow towards rafe.

"I remember that" I laughed thinking back to when rafe was mad at me the entire 7th grade for beating him in that spelling bee.

look where we are now

authors note :
um... HI GUYS IM SO SORRY ITS BEEN LIKE A MONTH AND A HALF BUT WORK AND SCHOOL IS SO ASS