"I-I just remembered running from my dad and just opening this book." She says as she gestures to Rivendell."

"What was the book called?"

"The Lord of the Rings: The fellowship of the ring." She answered and Gandalf clenched his jaw. He then sits down in the arm chair that stood diagonally from where she was sitting.

"Hmmm. This is new. Never in my knowledge of magic have heard of this." He says and watched as she sat down hopelessly on the bed. More tears spilt from her eyes as she looks down.

"I'm never gonna get home am I? I'm gonna be stuck here and I'm scared. I've never even held a sword in my hand before besides the sword from my fencing classes and I've never just been on my own without my parents. Never been without my phone or my friends from school. It's like I've just moved into a whole different country where everything is foreign to me. I have to follow rules and greet everyone with such a formality that I am not used to." She confesses as she sobs. Gandalf sits next to her and lifted her chin with his finger.

"We will find a way to get you home. There must be a way. If not I will try and figure it out. For now you just try to survive. I fear a war may be coming and we cannot stop it. Don't worry my dear Annika. You are not alone. You have made friends that will not be able to stand your parting. You have done excellent and you just continue. I will leave you be to your thoughts but do not go to a place where I cannot see you. I want to make sure you are safe and out of harms way for you to make it back to your homeland." He says and nodded at her to which she smiles through her teary eyes. He soon stands up and nods at her and starts to walk away but stops.

"Oh Annika." He says she turns around to face him.

"Do not mention this to anyone. Do not mention that you are from a different place. Let this be our secret." He says and she nodded. He winks at her before leaving the room. Annika exhales in relief as she falls in her bed.

"That may have been the most infuriating and scariest thing I have went through in a week. Except for final week ew." She gaged at the thought of school and tests. She then walks over to the balcony and looks at the view of Rivendell.

"I just have to survive this worlds version of hell and I'll be fine. Hopefully." She whispered and exhaled. Then a knock her door was heard and she instantly dries her eyes that were filled with tears.

"Who is it?" She asked.

"It is me,Frodo." A familiar voice says and Annika smiled. She soon rushes to the door and opens it. She then kneels down to him and hugs him.

"Ah." He winced at the pain of his injuries and she instantly draws back.

"Oh I'm so sorry. I-I forgot. I was just so excited." She apologized and Frodo smiled weakly.

"It's alright." She smiles at him and gets up.

"I am glad you are okay. How are you? When did you wake up?" She asked him and he chuckled.

"I just woke up a few minutes prior to Merry and Pippin jumping at the sight of me." He explained and she nodded.

"How are you? I haven't seen you around?" He asked and she smiled.

"Oh,Strider trained me to use a sword and we've been going at it for a few hours. But I'll be fine. How are you with the ring?" She asked as she pointed to it and Frodo lost his smile.

"My uncle Bilbo had almost attacked me about the ring. The ring used to be his and he would constantly ask me about it and wanting it back but he changed. He would sometimes lash out on me at home and it worried me a lot." Frodo explained and Annika gave him a side hug as they sat on her bed.

"Hey it's okay. It's not your fault and don't ever think it. It's just hard parting from something that has been with you your whole life. I used to have this dog. He was a corgi and his name was Futon. He would always protect me from things that I thought were scary to me when I was little. He was killed in a ca-" She froze and cleared her throat.

"Accident. He-He died in an accident." Annika says and looked down.

"Oh I'm sorry. He must've been a very good dog then." He says and Annika nodded.

"There's going to be a meeting tomorrow morning about this ring and I'm nervous. Sam,Pippin,and Merry are thinking to leave. Their mission has been completed and I-I don't know...all of this is just overwhelming. Sometimes I wish to be back home reading my book in the grass and just watching the stars at night and listing to stories my uncle Bilbo would tell me about his adventures." He says as he smiled at the fond memories.

"Don't worry it'll be fine. Plus I'm not going anywhere I don't think. If they leave you'll have me and Strider. You have nothing to fear my dear friend." She says as she bops his nose with a smile. He soon smiles and she giggled.

"There you are! I've been lookin for you. There's food in the dinning room and there's tons of it." Pippin says as he skips to where Annika and Frodo were sitting at on her bed.

"Really? Hmm I'm hungry." She said as she rubbed her stomach.

"Let's go." Pippin says and Annika followed him to the dining room where she saw food plastered all over the tables. Annika sits at a table and starts to dig in. Frodo sat next to her,doing the same. Annika,eating a piece of chicken,spots Gandalf talking to Lord Elrond at a table much farther from her. He soon spared a glance at her before looking back at Lord Elrond. She smiles and looks away. After dinner was over,Annika made her way to her room and sighed as she stood at the balcony.

"You sure do enjoy the view of Rivendell like I do." She heard a voice behind her say. She jumped and turned to find Lord Elrond making his way over to her.

"Sorry I did not intent to scare you. This used to be my wife's room before she...passed. Arwen had a fine sense of good choices. Gandalf had told me about you. How you are not from this world and how you are far,far away from home." He says and Annika froze. He gives her a comforting smile and puts a hand on her shoulder.

"Do not worry. We will help you find your way home,little one. For now,you must continue a treacherous path that has been put for you. I am deeply sorry for what you are going through. This path you are going through will result in everything changing around you." He warned and she nodded with a sigh.

"I know. I have already tasted it when I went into the Prancing Pony and saving Frodo from the wraiths a while ago." Annika says as she looks down.

"Tomorrow we will have a council meeting. You must not attend. No one must know whom you really are. Details will be given to you about the task at hand. Frodo will endure a dangerous path and he must face it. We need to destroy the ring." He says and she looked up at him.

"But Frodo can't do this by himself. He'll be killed hell he'll probably won't make it. He needs teammates." She said and Lord Elrond nods.

"Yes and hopefully tomorrow we will confirm an alliance with the members. Now you just rest. A big day is coming." He says and gestures to the bed.

"I will leave you be. May you have a healthy and good rest." Lord Elrond says and Annika bows to him. He soon heads towards the door but he soon stops.

"Do not underestimate the ring. Tomorrow's meeting will be difficult with the ring present. If an alliance is formed it will break with each person enduring the pain of it." He warns and Annika gulps and silently nodded. He bows his head and leaves the room. Annika soon changed into her nightgown and looked over the beautiful night sky.

"I hope everything will be okay." She whispers as she soon climbs into her bed and softly closes her eyes.