"Granger, sir. That one there is Veritaserum. It's a truth-telling serum-"

The boys opened the cupboard, spotting two books left. One newer looking, and one beat down.

"-And that would be Polyjuice Potion. It's terribly tricky to make-"

They fought over it.

"-And this is Amortentia, the most powerful love potion in the world-"

Ronald won, taking the newer one to himself.

"-It's rumored to smell differently to each person according to what attracts them-"

Harry slapped his book down onto Ron's. They moved to join the group of students. Harry kept an eye on Finley, who sat across the classroom from him.

"-For example, I smell freshly mown grass and parchment and... spearmint toothpaste."

Finley grinned knowingly.

Hermione moved back again.

"Now, Amortentia doesn't create actual love. That would be impossible. But it does cause a powerful infatuation or obsession-"

All the female students inched forward.

"-And for that reason, it is probably the most dangerous potion in this room." Slughorn closed the lid, emitting sounds of disappointment from the girls.

"Sir? You haven't told us what's in that one." A girl pointed out to the professor.

"Oh, yes. What you see before you, ladies and gentlemen, is a curious little potion known as Felix Felicis. But it is more commonly referred to as-"

"Liquid Luck," Hermione interrupted Slughorn.

"Yes, Miss Granger. Liquid Luck. Desperately tricky to make, disastrous should you get it wrong. One sip and you will find that all of your endeavors succeed... At least until the effects wear off. So, this is what I offer each of you today. One ring vial of Liquid Luck to the student who, in the hour that remains, manages to brew an acceptable Draught of Living Death. The recipes for which can be found on page ten of your books. I should point out, however, only once did a student manage to brew a potion of sufficient quality to claim this prize. Nevertheless, good luck to you all. Let the brewing commence."

With those words, Harry moved to work at the table Finley was already sitting on. Her legs were crossed, sitting slumped.

Harry placed his book down, opening to the first page. "This book is the property of The Half-Blood Prince," Finley read. Harry shrugged, starting to work.

He flipped pages upon pages, all with writing and notes on them.

Finley raised her eyebrow.

She watched as everyone began to try and cut the Sopophorus bean. They began to grow frustrated. A bean even hurdled at her head.

Everyone grew frustrated, except for Harry– who had crushed it with the blade.

He smiled at his handy work.

"How did you do that?" Hermione started to grow panicky, as her potion wasn't turning out the way she wanted to.

"You crush it. Don't cut it."

Finley took a look at the book, looking at the note the Half-Blood Prince wrote down.

"No. The instructions specifically say to cut."

"No, really."

Hermione looked up and down feverishly.

Harry kept working with ease, following the notes instead of the printed words. Finley watched with content and fascination.

"Harry," she gained his full attention with the call of his name. She leaned forward on her knees. "Kiss."

He smirked, leaning forward to meet her in the middle for a quick kiss.

Harry kept working, finishing soon after. Way before anyone else looked close to being done.

Slughorn came over, dropping a feather into the potion. The potion incentigrated it instantly.

"Merlin's beard. It is perfect. So perfect I daresay one drop would kill us all." Slughorn gathered the class around Harry. "So, here we are, then, as promised. One vial of Felix Felicis. Congratulations. Use it well."

The class applauded Harry, Finley joining in softly. She noticed the book he hid behind his back.

She sighed, shaking her head.

What was she going to do with him?

+++
- J.S.

S