2.4

𓅓

𓅓

— The halls bustled with anxious students trying to find their classrooms on time. It was packed full. Harry, Ron, and Finley stood on the side of the wall, looking over every student.

Ron and Harry had a free period this morning. They smiled joyfully.

McGonagall eyes the three skeptically. "Potter," she calls.

"Oh, this can't be good." Harry murmured to the other two, walking off to the professor.

"Wishing you luck, love." Finley teased the boy as he shook his head at her.

"Enjoying ourselves, are we?" Finley caught the words of McGonagall.

"Well, I had a free period this morning, Professor." He reasoned.

"So I noticed. I would think you would want to fill it with Potions. Or is it no longer your ambition to become an Auror?"

"W- It was, but I was told I had to get an Outstanding in my O.W.L."

"So you did, when Professor Snape was teaching Potions. However, Professor Slughorn is perfectly happy to accept N.E.W.T.s students with Exceeds Expectations."

"Brilliant. Um." Finley closed her eyes, cringing– knowing what was coming next. "Well, I'll head there straightaway."

"Oh, and Potter, take Weasley with you. He looks far too happy over there."

+++

"I don't want to take Potions. There are Quidditch trials coming up. I need to practice." Ron complained.

Finley walked behind the two boys, practically forcing them to Potions Class. She would have to push them back to the direction of the classroom every time they turned around to go the other way.

"Attention to detail in the preparation in the prerequisite of all planning." Slughorn stopped when he heard three pairs of footsteps entering his classroom. He turned around, smiling at the sight of Harry Potter. "Ah. Harry, my boy, I was beginning to worry. We've brought someone with us, I see."

"Ron Weasley, sir. But I'm dead awful at Potions, a menace, actually. I'm just gonna-" Ron turned to leave, but Harry extended an arm and Finley was staring him down forcefully. He cowered, turning back around.

"Nonsense, we'll sort you out. A friend of Harry's is a friend of mine. Miss Robinson, great to see you again!"

"You too, Horace." She smiled lightly, moving away to take a seat in a nearby corner.

"Lovely. Boys, get your books out."

"Sorry, sir, I haven't actually got my book yet, and nor has Ron." Harry replied.

"Not to worry. Get what you want from the cupboard. Now, as I was saying, I prepared some concoctions this morning. Any ideas what these might be?" Hermione was the only one to raise her hand. "Yes, Miss...?"