Piper was at the dojo today, and it had made for an awkward moment that she thankfully forgot about when Ayane changed the subject.

Kreese and Silver stood up front.

"Today we have a very important lesson, don't we Sensei Silver?"

"Yes, we do," Silver replied. "Weakness."

Kreese continued, "Your opponent's weakness must be exploited whenever possible."

"At the tournament," Silver picked up, "you'll have to recognize that weakness. And make no mistake, we all have one."

"Sensei Kreese doesn't," Tory replied.

Silver looked at her. "Of course he does. We all do. Today, your goal is to find your opponent's weakness and attack it. No points. You hit the mat, you lose. Got it?"

Everyone nodded.

"Alright, prepare for combat."

Each student gathered around the edge of the mat, taking their seats.

Ayane was hoping she would not be called first. She wanted to wait and see everyone else first.

"Cain," Kreese called her name. She sighed, climbing to her feet.

"Elswith," Silver called Piper's last name. She smiled, standing up and walking over to him.

Ayane turned to Kreese.

"What's her weakness, Miss Cain?"

"She telegraphs her kicks. Relies on showmanship and tricks more than actual fighting."

Kreese smiled ever so slightly. "Make this quick, then."

Ayane turned, stepping onto the mat. Piper faced her, putting her fists up.

Instead of doing the same, Ayane left her arms at her sides.

"Ais!"

Piper turned a cartwheel. Ayane stepped out of the way, standing there casually. Putting forward a kick, Ayane dodged it with ease.

"Are you actually trying?" Ayane asked, making a face.

Piper's smile dropped a little, coming at Ayane with strikes. Ayane blocked, bringing her knee to Piper's stomach. She doubled over and Ayane grabbed her arm, flipping her over onto the ground.

She looked down at Piper who was smirking again.

Ayane offered a hand, to which Piper took and allowed her to pull her up.

"We should spar one on one."

Ayane only laughed and pushed past her, walking back to her spot.

"That was a good move, Sensei Kreese," Silver said. "Who's next?"

Watching a few more students go, Ayane realized that Silver knew every weakness of every student. It was making Ayane nervous, because she began to wonder if he knew hers.