𝒗. balance is crucial

❛ kick his ass

❛ kick his ass. ❜

     KENNY WALKED INTO THE DOJO.

Ayane slowly smiled. God, she hoped he wouldn't screw this up.

"I want another shot," Kenny said confidently, looking at Kreese.

Kreese laughed a little. "I'm sorry, I don't have the time to teach weaklings."

Ayane turned her head. "Let him try again, sensei. He... might surprise you."

She looked back at Kenny, smiling.

Kreese hesitated, then looked back at Kenny.

"Alright, on the mat. Mr. Park, make this quick."

Kenny pulled off his shoes, and his walk was much more confident than it had been yesterday. He stepped on the mat, raising his fists.

"Ais!"

As soon as Kreese let them at it, Kyler ran at Kenny and scared him back. Ayane swore to herself.

"Dammit, Kenny," she muttered, glancing down. They had worked hard yesterday, and made a lot of progress.

Kyler started laughing. "Look at him. Run to mommy. Bye you little bitch."

"Hey!" Ayane stepped toward Kyler, starting to say something. But she closed her eyes, then only shook her head and stepped back into line.

With Kyler's back turned to her, Kenny suddenly did the unexpected: he charged Kyler, throwing a punch directly at his face.

Ayane laughed this time, covering her mouth.

"What the hell!" Kyler dabbed at his nose. "He hit me when I wasn't looking. That's some bullshit."

Kreese was indifferent. "You're right, he didn't line up. So that won't count as a point."

"Sorry, I-I didn't know the rules," Kenny apologized to him.

"That was your one chance," Kreese replied.

Ayane glanced up at him, frowning. Kenny had proved himself enough.

"Okay," Kenny accepted his defeat, turning to walk out again.

"Where are you going, Mr. Payne? Take your spot."

Ayane looked at Robby, the both of them smiling a little.