♛ 1

''see you tomorrow Mel'' Noa said and gave me one last hug.

''yeah, see you tomorrow'' I said and waved her goodbye before closing the door. I walked towards the stairs until i heard my parents talking.

''this is a serious matter Jill'' I heard dad say to mom.

''but I don't want to lose her yet Lucas'' I heard mom say and it sounded like she was about to cry.

''honey, we knew this day would come and it maybe a little early but they need her now'' dad said. I probably shouldn't eavesdrop but I couldn't help it.

''fine, when should we tell her?'' mom said. I was wondering if the 'her' she was referring to was me.

''we should probably tell her now, since they will come tomorrow'' dad said and that was my cue to go silently upstairs before they know I eavesdropped.

''you're right'' mom said.

''Mel! Can you come here for a second?'' I heard dad yell. I walked back downstairs and jumped on the other couch.

''what's up'' I asked and saw mom wince and what I said. That's weird, she never cared how I talked.

''we have something to tell you, and this is a serious matter'' dad said and leaned forward.

''okay, what is it?'' I asked.

''to get it straight out in the open, honey you were adopted'' dad said and I started laughing.

''very funny dad, but seriously'' I said laughing but when I looked at their face expressions I knew they were serious. ''wait you mean it?'' I asked in a small voice.

''honey were sorry we've kept this for you a long time, but it was important not to tell you until you've come of age'' mom said placing her hand on my knee. I started to get tears in my eyes.

''why? Why haven't you told me?'' I asked with a shaky voice.

''Mel dear, we had to wait till you've come of age, they needed to keep you safe'' dad said.

''do you know them? My birthparents?'' I asked and let the tears stream down my face.

''yes'' mom said.

''who are they? Who are my birthparents?'' I asked standing up. My mother also started to get tears in their eyes.

''you won't believe us if we tell you'' mom said.

''try me'' I said. It was surprising I was still so collected, if this was told me a few years ago i'm sure I would've bursted into tears and yelled at them.

''your parents are the king and queen of Elaria'' dad said.

''your kidding, the king and queen? I heard they only have one daughter'' I said. It was true, we had to do a project about a kingdom for school and my friend picked Elaria because the king and queen were one of the nicest people. We found out they had one daughter and couldn't conceive ever since. Sure Noa told we looked like each other but I never believed her and said I couldn't see the resemblance.

''Honey, she's your twin sister'' mom said.

''sure, if she was my twin why wasn't she set for adoption'' I said trough my tears.

''Mel, you were the first born and the kingdom was attacked and wanted the first born, everyone knew the queen was getting twins and someone was out for her first born, which happened to be you. As soon as you were born, your mom gave you to me and bought a house in the next country for your father and me'' mom said.