twelve | red

𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦 | 𝘳𝘦𝘥

𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦 | 𝘳𝘦𝘥

Waking up at the literal ass crack of dawn has begun to take its toll since being back in Crescent Heights. Painting before school is going to make people assume that I have terrible hygiene. I don't have time to shower twice before going to school, and I always start painting after I shower.

I don't know how long I will have to work on my latest creation, because senior year is no joke in Crescent Heights. Homework, projects, exams, and other school work has been taking up most of my time. Plus, working at the coffee house. I barely have enough time to work on painting.

Not working on my paintings isn't an option.

Emi drove me to school today. I needed to get a real license in this country, in order to drive myself to school.

"Wanna come watch me defend a wolf?" Emi asked, as we walked into her.

Her arm linked with mine as I said, "I don't even know what that means."

"My mock trial class is doing a full trial in front of the school. The big bad wolf is my client, and I have to convince a jury to find him not guilty," Emi explained.

"I'll be there!" I exclaimed. "When and where?"

"Wednesday after school. I'm sorry that I've been M.I.A recently. The judge in this trial is a real sitting judge from New York City. If he's impressed with my skills, then maybe he could put in a good word to his alma mater in New York," Emi explained.

The two of us walked through the hallways together, and Emi was giving me the entire rundown on her case. She couldn't give me any specifics about the upcoming case, but it's a spin off of the big bad wolf and the three pigs.

I don't know much about the law, but I do know that being the first chair lawyer is impressive.

Emi has been working on this case for weeks. The entire school district has been providing evidence based on the fairytale, and there are people who will be playing the part of each pig and wolf, plus character witnesses will testify.

Everyone takes this mock trial seriously. The mock trial club is one of the most serious in school. Everyone on the mock trial team and in the law classes all have their sights set on going to law school. Crescent Heights has the highest record of sending students to law school with glowing recommendations.

"My best friend's gonna be a lawyer!" I squealed.

Emi walked me to my first three classes of the day. We didn't have much time to talk, but being with her is helpful. We talked about academics for the few minutes we had in between classes. It was nice hearing her talk so highly about her hopes and dreams about becoming a lawyer.

Emi has a debate team practice today after school. I will most definitely be in attendance.

To be honest, it kind of made me upset that I don't have aspiring hopes and dreams like Emi. While I was traveling, I only looked forward to the next day. With my dad being in danger all the time, mom and I would pray that each day he'd make it to the next day. I never bothered to let myself have big dreams.