Chapter 4- Honesty (Ava)

Start from the beginning

I felt my shoulders slump with relief as we both jumped up and made our way towards the kitchen.

“So basically,” Fred nudged my arm, “I’ve shared saliva with Draco Malfoy?”

I shoved him towards the door, “Your ultimate dream, I’m sure.”

He started to laugh, and I laughed with him, relieved that he had taken it so lightly.

As we walked into the kitchen, I spotted George walking in, the left side of his head bandaged up. He spotted Fred and I and grinned, “Ear are the latecomers.”

Fred chuckled as he sat down, and I covered my mouth with my hand, “These jokes are awful, George. Honestly.”

“So why are you laughing?” He accused.

I didn’t respond and shook my head, smiling as I sat beside Fred. I glanced up at Mrs. Weasley and she simply smiled at me before returning to placing our plates on the table.

Harry, Hermione and Ron were the last three to arrive at the dinner table, and I noticed that all three of them were silent as if they had stopped their conversation before arriving at the dinner table. When I smiled at Harry, he offered me a small one before looking away quickly.

I looked over at Ginny, and she was staring at Harry with the same confused look on her face. I wondered if she was thinking the same thing that I was- what were the trio up to?

*                    *                    *

Even though I had told Fred that I was trying to be completely honest with him, there were still things I wasn’t telling him about.

The dreams.

How could I tell him that I had nightmares every night about being a Death Eater? Or that Draco was always there?

As I lay in my bed with my head nestled into the pillow, I wondered if I would ever be completely honest with Fred. Would that bother him?

I didn’t have time to consider an answer as I drifted off to sleep, my eyes slowly closing.

“Enter.”

The familiar voice from the room before me knocked me to my senses, and I began to step forwards, my heart pounding.

Many Death Eaters didn’t have personal meetings with the Dark Lord but instead simply passed messages on until they reached him. However, I was an exception. I had a feeling that he didn’t entirely trust me, so he wanted to hear all of my findings directly from me.