32.The Dutch Roar

Start from the beginning

I walk straight in the direction of the Redbull garage

I walk straight in the direction of the Redbull garage. It's clear that some would interpretate me wearing orange as a statement to Daniel and McLaren but I couldn't care less. Let them talk, it's my new Motto together with kill them with kindness. When I was confronted by Sue how I came across on my socials or my appearances I was kinda shocked. This is not at all what I thought or wanted. And even if I didn't liked the fact that my life is covered so much by fanpages, fans or the mainstream media,I didn't wanted to be known as a cold hearted bitch. I didn't choose to be in public but I chose to be with Mick and with Mason and now making my close friendship with Dani public. So I have to face the consequences. But consequences like making people happy by talking to them or making pictures are actually alright and a joy. I still don't get why I get the attention but maybe I don't need to. I just need to play along. "Hellouu" I enter the garage. Heads turn my way and I get some greetings back. "Max is in his room" Alex Albon comes my way with a smile under his mask, I can see it in his eyes. I nod. "Thanks. I will see him in a minute. How are you?" "Good thanks how are you?" "Good as well. Listen I am sorry about the time we saw each other last. I was so stressed about this whole situation I didn't want to came across rude or anything." He waves me off. "Don't worry. I reckon that was an unique experience hm?" "Guys could you move please" a pile of wheels are rolled around the place and we where clearly in the way. We step back outside into the fresh air where we actually could take off the masks for a moment. "Oh yeah. That was something." I think back with a smile to the memory of the French grand prix. "I heard you did a pretty good job considering the circumstances." "I did, what I could." the words of Alex make me proud. I really liked working for the team it felt natural. "Are you considering working for a team long term?" "Not yet at least. My focus is on getting my master degree first and after that let's see what the world offers. It would be amazing but considering I am openly friends with a couple of drivers could complicate things." Alex crosses his arms infront of him. "Not inpaticular. The teams would be idiots not to offer you a job. You jumped in so quickly, who knows what you are capable of when you are prepared." I laugh out and blush at his words. "I could say the same thing to you. You deserve a seat Alex." He avoids my eyes. A shy smile grows on his face and he scratches nervously his arm. "Oh my God Alex" I gasp out realizing whats about to happen. He places his finger over his lips. "You know nothing, ok?" I nod with my heart even more lighted up. Such good news on such a great day. "Which team?" "Williams" he whispers. I pull him into a hug. Considering we don't know each other at all this might be too much but formula one is family. He laughs quietly in my ear. When we pull out again I try to keep it together. It's not public yet and nobody would find out from me. "Congratulations. Honestly there couldn't be better news." "Oh there will be." He laughs. "How do you mean?" my eyebrow rises up. There couldn't be better news then that. "You will know them early enough." he winks. "Well I definitely look forward to them." We say our goodbyes and I make my way over to Max.

"Yeah" I hear the approval to my knock. The grin on my face is covered by my mask when I open the door but I can see the same face expression on Max's face. "Hei" I greet him. "Amazing trousers" he winks. "Things I do for you" I give him a short hug. "Thanks for having me" "I told you Anna, how could I win my home grand prix without you" I laugh out while his arms is still wrapped around my waist. He was still in his racesuit and his hair is wild in every direction. "You know you all look so much hotter when you are in your racestuff" Now he is the one laughing till his head is the color of a tomato. Surely the whole paddock could here him. When he calmed down again we sit down on his bench, him fideling with gymnastic balls while I watch him. "Have you seen the crowd? Orange only." I lean my head against the wall and cross my legs. "Yeah I know. It's gonna be a mad weekend." "Definitely" I don't even think of the option of Max not getting pole today. He will for sure. No doubts. I look at the clock even when I just arrived it is time for me to get going again. He will get into his preparation for Quali.
"I will give you space to prepare now. Let them hear you Roar Max." We look at each other intensly. His blue eyes are locked with mine. In that moment it's like we seal a secret pact. He nods as he understands before I get up and leave to stroll around the paddock.