Oddly Mysterious || chapter one-hundred and one

Começar do início

Draco knew I was very suspicious of Blaise, and the thought of him cursing another girl in our school unsettled me greatly. I nod slowly in agreement, and tried my best to look everywhere but at Blaise.

But it was so hard when I could feel his gaze burning into me from across the room.

'So tell me, Cormac. Do you see anything of your Uncle Tiberius these days?' Slughorn asks curiously, starting conversation with the seventh year Gryffindor boy sat besides him.

He had been eyeing Hermione most of the time, and it was quite clear to see how uncomfortable she was. I suppose she was in the same boat as me.

'Yes, sir. In fact I'm meant to get hunting with him and the Minister of Magic over the holidays.' Cormac said, a proud grin tugging at the corner of his lips. Draco rolled his eyes at the Gryffindors boasts, and just slipped a spoonful of ice cream into his mouth while leaning further back into his chair.

'Oh, well— be sure to give them both my best!' Slughorn beamed before turning to Marcus. 'And what about your uncle, Belby? For those of you who don't know, Marcus's uncle invented the Wolfsbane Potion. Is he working on anything new?'

As he spoke, Marcus never once looked up from his glass bowl. He dug endlessly into his ice cream, and started to speak through mouthfuls of it. 'I don't know. Him and dad don't get on— prolly cause my dad says potions are rubbish. His only potion worth having is a stiff one at the end of the day.'

I was sure Marcus must've shoved at least five more scoops of ice cream into his gob during each one of those sentences.

'And what about you, Miss. Granger. What exactly does your family do in the Muggle world?'

'My parents are dentists.' Hermione beams, smiling innocently as everyone else turned to look at her in silence. No one had a clue what she was talking about.

Draco's face churned in slight disgust at the mention of muggles. I suppose there was still some aspects to his personality that he needed to work on...

'They tend to people's teeth.' Hermione awkwardly explains, her smile starting to falter a little bit.

'Fascinating!' Slughorn breaks the silence, looking quite intrigued. 'And is that considered a dangerous profession?'

'No. Although, one boy Robbie Fenwick did bite my father once. He needed ten stitches.' Hermione began laughing to herself— but she soon trailed off when everyone else remained bitterly silent.

While Slughorn nodded curtly, the door creaked, everyone turning in their seats to look at the girl that walked in. Ginny appeared with red and puffy eyes, trembling lips, and a sore stuffy nose. She's been crying.

'Ah, Miss Weasley! Come in, come in.' Slughorn greets politely, beckoning her forward with the wave of his hand.

'Look at her eyes. They've been fighting again. Her and Dean.' Hermione whispers to quietly to Harry, something I managed to overhear.

'Sorry, I'm not usually late.' Ginny apologises softly, and the closer she came towards the table, Harry stood from his seat, staring right at Ginny. The whole atmosphere turned extremely awkward, and Harry quickly sat back down.