the goblet of fire || chapter twenty-six

Tonight a handful of people were going to submit their names into the Goblet of Fire. So, Pansy and I sat side by side along a bench, watching people come and go. The white-blue flames enticed all those who dared join.

One boy in Slytherin, three years older than ourselves and had beautiful, dark-skin approached the Goblet and slipped a scrap of parchment into the flame. All of the Slytherins watching applauded.

Although, seconds later, a voice drew me out of my little trance. "How long have you been here?"

I turned my head and watched as Malfoy slid down onto the bench beside me.

"About an hour," I said, before turning back to the Goblet. Malfoy stared into my side profile, eyes narrowed. "An hour?" He asked. "But why?"

"Just wanted to see who was entering."

Malfoy placed his hands on his knees and leaned forward. "You see, Y/N." He pointed at the flame. "If I were seventeen, I'd be up there putting my name in."

"We've been over this, Malfoy." I yawned, "You wouldn't be able to handle it."

Malfoy rolled his eyes and looked over my shoulder. "Parkinson, you reckon I'd be able to handle the Tournament?"

"Nope," Pansy responded, not even looking at him.

"Point proven." I grinned.

"Oh, come on." Malfoy frowned. "Even IF I had milked my arm. I'm more mature now! I'm practically seventeen in my mind."

"Don't make me laugh, Malfoy. You act about five." I said, still grinning. "What? And you don't?" He shot back. "Not talking about me though, are we?" I retorted.

"Oh, young love!" Pansy's voice was playful and breathless. I looked over and realised she was talking about us. "So awfully stubborn yet flirtatious. You considered asking her out yet, Malfoy?"

"Me? Ask Y/N out?" Malfoy scoffed in disbelief. "Don't kid yourself."

"I second that." I frowned. "Malfoy is anything but my type."

"Interesting," Pansy ran a finger along her lips. She turned to Malfoy and asked— "How come you're on a first name basis with Y/N? But she isn't with you?"

Malfoy and I looked between each other, both with incredibly different yet somehow similar expressions.

"I dunno," Malfoy looked away. "I just prefer her first name. Has a better ring to it."

"How adorably backhanded," I sarcastically placed my head on his shoulder. Malfoy scoffed, especially when I took my head off, laughing.

"You aren't safe either, Missy." Pansy poked me in my side. "If I didn't know any better, I'd say my little Y/N is developing a cruush!"

I swatted Pansy's hand away and scowled. "Don't kid yourself."

"See!" Pansy clapped her hands. "Mimicry!"

I looked at her, confused.

"Malfoy said the exact same thing— which shows an attention to close detail and attractiooon!" Pansy explained, a hint of playfulness in her tone.