Chapter 13

Midnight, a quiet and peaceful time for some, yet chaotic and anticipatory for others. As the pale moon filled up the room in which you lay so peacefully, your eyes fluttered open, you then sat up. How long had I been asleep?

That was the first thought that came to mind, as you struggled to get up, your fingers wrapped around the folds of the fabric covering the window, gently tugging at the curtains, only to be revealed with a still evening which complemented the beauty of the moon. You then kneeled, folding and resting your arms around the window sill. It appeared to be midnight, so you must've been asleep for half a day. You had never slept so long since becoming a demon slayer, and your body had been adapting to the decreasing amounts of sleep. But you were also thankful for the extra rest, now your energy was sure to be restored to a certain extent.

Maybe..just maybe...

No, it was stupid, and the risk of getting recaptured was too great, but if you somehow managed to be fully energized, maybe you could escape.

It was worth a shot, and you knew that options were slim. So you stood up, fueled with a new hope and excited for the approaching challenge, and took a few steps back but remained facing the large window. You sped up a little and took your dominant foot and aimed for the centre of the window. Glass went everywhere, but the way you were trained aided you in barely creating a sound. And just like that, you were outside.

'Not the time to celebrate just yet y/n,' you thought, and squinted a bit, staring into the horizon. You could make out the city lights, and immediately ran toward the city. As soon as you had stopped, you saw the first and tallest building. It stood proudly lit up in all its architectural glory. You took your chance, and ran toward the glowing lights.

You stopped. Feeling the edge of a cold metal graze your skin. "Don't...move," a monotonous voice ordered. You were now trapped between the body of someone, and their sword, threatening to push into the front of your neck. The sword made a metallic ring as it was resheathed, and you turned around and met with six eyes.

Damn it! Now you are in trouble. He would probably escort you to Muzan, and then it was over for you. You had no choice but to cooperate, seeing as you didn't even have your sword to try to put up a fight. But wait, you had skills! You lifted your torso as you jumped and swung your leg at the demon. He grabbed it with ease, but you then took your other leg and threw it at his neck, which caught him off guard. He hadn't expected you to be this strong, or quick!

He let go of your leg, trying to catch the other and unsheathe his sword with the other hand, but that only allowed you to use his turned shoulder (that was going to his sword) as a step. You pushed on his broad shoulder, launching yourself into a nearby tree. He looked up, his face remaining unchanged, seeming annoyed regardless of no physical changes in his expression. You were now kneeled on a branch of a Japanese Maple, a tree common in Japan. It's warm tones seemed so cold at night, yet it was perfect for camouflaging you, as it was full of leaves.

You cut your breathing short, to ensure that you didn't breathe too loudly. You were so close to freedom and certainly didn't want to cost any opportunity you had of getting back to the Corps. You also were also now briefly exposed to both Muzan and the Uppermost Moons, which could prove to be useful to the other Hashira. 

Your eyes were glued to him, until he just...vanished? No he didn't, it was a trick. Just as you turned your head, you jumped from the tree as you almost got grabbed by the neck, dodging the strong grip that was approaching with such a drive. As you were dropping down, preparing to catch yourself, you felt a drop in your stomach. Now he was really getting angry. You could feel it, his attacks were obviously getting sharper and more rushed. Just as you landed, so did he. You were in a stance, facing him, studying his features. "What do you want? I'm not going back to Kibutsuji if that's what you're here for," you said, your voice was stern, and you knew well that you could very likely increase your chances of escaping if you just had your sword.

"Make this easy for the both of us, you're going to go back whether you want to or not, so make it quick, or this will simply be dragged on for the entire evening. And I don't think he would be happy about your refusal to cooperate," Kokushibo reprimanded. You simply frowned, almost disgusted at how this demon was talking to you so casually...so sure of his own success.

"Forget it, and tell Muzan that he won't get another drop of my blood!"

- M_Storyz