Chapter 3

"I..I think that I need some time alone." you said, heading towards the door, keeping your head low. "Y/n, wait! It's dark, it could be dangerous." your mother yelled, stretching her hand out to you. Your expression remained low and dull, "Mother, I'll be careful, I just need to gather my thoughts and I'm a Hashira, so I'll be able to look after myself." you said, forcing a small smile onto your lips, trying to put your gentle mother at ease. She nodded her head as you started to make your way outside.

After making your way through peaceful meadows, abandoned roadways you used to explore as a child, and a few new locations, you'd managed to find yourself in the city of Shinjuku. The buildings gleamed in the early evening darkness, the crowds in awe at the small shops and the beaming lights. It was incredible, but you knew that this moment wouldn't last long as you were sent here for the demons that filled this town. Alas, you decided to enjoy this night, simply trying to put your mind at rest about the disturbing news you had just received.

Many people had stopped to greet you, delighted at the town's beauty returning. You smiled, greeted and held many children, despite not fully recovering from the earlier shock. After many greetings you were exhausted, perhaps it was time to start heading home.

You had just reached the end of the city, approaching the path that would lead you to your home until a blood curdling scream was heard, you immediately whipped your head behind you.

A demon.

Not just any demon.

(A/N) Sorry for such a short chapter, but I've been busy brainstorming ideas for the fourth chapter, which is going to be very busy and full of exciting content!

M_Storyz