Chapter 3

He was frowning at her as he stared at her beautiful face trying to remember where he had seen her before. How could he forget such a beautiful face? Then it dawned on him that he had meet her once . More like bumped into her once. He was captivated by her innocence like he was now. She hadn't changed one bit. Except now she had a gloomy expression on and those black shadows around her eyes. She still had that touch of innocence to her which had bewitched him before.

Mustafa had bumped into her in a wedding. If his memory served him right which clearly wasn't the situation, it was Meenu's nikkah. Or was it Zoya's Barat? He could vividly remember her avoiding the moral police of aunties. She hadn't realized that she had walked straight into him. As his black eyes had met her's steel grey eyes, he had felt the time stop. He knew he'd still feel the sparks if only she would look into his eyes.

"I know you . . ."He began . She waited for him to finish but he left it hanging. How did he know her? It wasn't possible. This was the first time she introduced herself. How could he know? What did he mean? She wanted to ask. But was too stunned to utter a single word.

He stared into oblivion for a moment, then said, "I know. I meet you . . ." His words trailed off, and his face twisted as a wave of pain hit him again. It would seem that it hurt when he tried to think too hard or remember.

"I was supposed to go to Islamabad. It was important," he said as he become restless.

He couldn't remember why? But he knew that there was this important mission that he had in Islamabad. Why did he not remember?

Iman slowly straightened. "You did go to Islamabad. Actually, you were brought here from Islamabad." She told him as patiently as she could.

His lips parted as he tried to take in the information and process it. "I did?"

"Yes. " By the looks of him , she could tell that he was suffering for amnesia. It did happen when some suffered a head injury.

Something flashed in his eyes. Iman knew that it was fear. She knew that he was trying to put the dots together. By the looks of him and from what Ahad had told her , he was a sharp man.

He began to breath far more rapidly than was normal. "I don't remember ....." He said as he started shaking his head in hopes that it would trigger some memory.

He was stressing out and his bloop pressure began to shoot, the ECG machine began making to ear shattering beeps , which pained his head some more.

"Mustufa! Mustufa, its okay. Don't stress yourself. It's okay. I am here. You are safe. Everything is all right." Iman told him . She kept her voice as calm as she could, trying to soothe the man who was in great distress right now. She reached out and took his hand in hers trying to calm his nerves. It seemed to calm him. It certainly calmed her.

Imaan , why are you on first name basis with him.
Uff kya sochay ga woh!!!

Mustafa breathing grew steady. Taking a deep breath, he looked into her eyes as he asked her the next question which completely caught her off guard.

"When were we married?" He asked looking at her with those eyes black eyes, which had just became glassy.

Iman's lips parted. She tried to answer, she really did, but she could only manage to stammer a few useless words Had he heard her? Did he really believe that they were married? He'd never even seen her before this day. But still he had claimed that he knew her. God , he was the amnesic one . Then why did it seem like she had difficulty remembering.

"I don't remember," he said.

Iman chose her words carefully. "You don't remember what?" she asked.

He looked up at her with haunted eyes. "I don't know. I don't remember Islamabad, I don't remember marrying you. I didn't even remember your name until you told me."