Procrastination.

Don't forget to let me know what you think of the chapter :)

The phone rang. Ellington's eyes didn't move from the tv as Rydel got up and answered it.

"Hello?" She yawned.

"Hey Rydel? Its Brent."

"Brent? Oh hey Brent."

"Its prom tonight and I was wondering if we could practise dancing again. I'm super nervous and I'm not sure I can do it. Especially not with my girlfriend. I need another practise, please Rydel your my only hope." Brent begged.

Rydel didn't really know what to say. She enjoyed teaching dance but she couldn't leave Ellington.

"Im really sorry but I can't, I'm um babysitting." Rydel rambled.

"You promised me Rydel! I'm your own cousin and you promised me!" Brent begged.

Realising she didn't  have much of a choice. She sighed and nodded. "Okay. The kid im babysitting will have to come to. Be at the studio in thirty minutes."

"Thank you so much." He said and hung up.

Rydel sighed, looking at Ellington. She walked over and turned off the TV. the day dreamy look disappeared from Ellingtons eyes and he looked at her, still chewing his fingers softly.

"let's go on an adventure!" Rydel said enthusiastically.

Ellington shook his head no.

Rydel sighed. "Unfortunately Ellybear, I wasn't asking. I was telling you. come on." She knealed down and grabbed his arms. He squirmed a whined. She held him still and tried something that hadn't occurred to her before. She tried to pick him up.

Amazingly, she picked him up with ease. Ellington seemed just as shocked as Rydel was but after a few seconds he wrapped his arms around her neck and lay his head gently on her shoulder. He seemed even smaller and more fragile than before which confused Rydel as she thought he would get stronger not weaker.

She walked into the kitchen and grabbed a bag filled with the stuff he would need, before throwing a bottle of milk into the bag and putting it over her shoulder. Ellington watched wearily, holding on to her.

Rydel walked out to the car and put the bag on the floor. She put Ellington onto the seat and strapped him in. He looked up at her, reaching out his arms.

"I cant cuddle now, Ellybear. later though I promise" she sighed.

He looked at her with a mist of sadness in his eyes and whined softly. She closed the door, trying to ignore it and walked around the car. She got in and began driving. Ellington still whined, watching her.

Shortly later, they arrived at the dance studio, Ellington quietly crying. Rydel parked the car and looked at him, realising for the first time he was crying.

"oh Ellington" she cooed, kissing his cheek. he reached out his arms towards her. she looked at him, not wanting to hug him because she knew soon, she would have to let him go. However, the sight of him sad was heartbreaking so she gave him a quick hug before getting out.

Brent stood in the dance studio waiting as Rydel walked in carrying Ellington. He looked surprised that the kid Rydel was babysitting was almost as big as her but he didn't question it. She single handedly pulled one of the small crash mats out from storage and lay it in the corner before lying Ellington on the mat. Ellington watched with some fear in his eyes. She pulled a blanket out of her bag which he immediately cuddled. He lay with his thumb in his mouth watching her. She ruffled his hair before walking over to Brent.

Brent stood, speechless.

"New necklace Brent?" Rydel asked finding the right CD and looking for the song they had previously danced to. Brent looked down and then nodded, gently caressing his pink-and-green love heart necklace.

"Looks nice" Rydel added putting the CD in the boom box.

"yeah, I found it just down the street lying on the road" Brent added, throwing his baseball cap to the side to reveal a head full of curly hair.

Rydel turned the music on so that a slow song began to play and she wrapped her arms around his neck. Instinctively Brent put his hands on her waist. They began to dance to the music just like they had done the night Ellington had seen them. The night everything went wrong.

Ellington watched them, hugging his blanket. Rydel kept glancing at him to check he was alright but Ellington just stared at them sadly.

After them dancing for some time, Ellington began to whine loudly. Rydel pulled away from Brent and walked over to him. She rummaged in the bag for his bottle but he just whined and reached towards her wanting to be cuddled.

Rydel pulled him onto her lap and rubbed his back. Ellington glared at Brent, holding onto Rydel tightly.

"I-i don't think he likes me" Brent stuttered, stood at a distance.

"don't be silly! he likes everyone he's just shy" Rydel exclaimed, still rubbing Ellington's back and talking to him softly.

Slowly, Brent walked towards them. Ellington continued to stare cold and hardly at Brent, still whining but not as much. Brent kneeled down on the edge of the crash mat.

Immediately and out of nowhere, Ellington grabbed the pink-and-green love heart necklace Brent was wearing, pulling Brent towards him too.

"Ellington!!" Rydel screamed trying to remove Ellington's hand from the necklace but his grip was too tight.

"n-no, its okay." Brent stuttered unhooking the necklace from around his neck so it fell into Ellington's hand.

Ellington stared at it, holding it tightly.

Rydel just looked at Ellington. She looked into his eyes and deep down she knew he remembered something.

The necklace.