Life Changing.

Rydel collapsed onto the couch, sobbing into her hands. She had no idea what she had done wrong but watching Ellington run out, upset, broke her heart. She buried her face in a blanket, tears falling.

Riker walked in and saw her.

"hey rydel, what's wrong?" he asked, sitting down next to her. She buried her head in his shoulder.

"Ellington left. I think he wants to leave the band, I just don't know why" she hiccupped between sobs. 

"WHAT!?" Riker yelled jumping to his feet.

"im sorry!!" she blubbered, pulling her knees to her chest.

Riker grabbed his phone and dialled Ellingtons number. It rang a few times but went straight to voice mail. Riker sighed in frustration.

Minutes later, the door swung open and Ryland ran in, his cap in his hand and he was breathing heavily like he just been running.

"Riker....Rydel....there's been an accident" he gasped, trying to catch his breath.

"what? is everything okay ryland?" Riker asked, walking over and putting his hand on rylands shoulder. Rydel looked up, her make up stained on her cheeks, listening.

"Ellington has been involved in a car crash down the road. he's in hospital in a critical condition. They don't know if he's gonna make it. we need to go to hospital, now" he rambled.

Rydel's face turned white. Riker stood in shock, processing what ryland had just said.

"we gotta go to the hospital" Riker whispered, still shocked.

Ryland nodded. "let's go!! ive already called Rocky and Ross!" he ran out to the car. Riker and Rydel followed, Rydel still extremely pale.

what had happened to Ellington?

would he live?

would things ever be the same?