chapter thirteen: sacrifices

HAPPY IA DAY!!! I'm sorry for keeping you guys waiting so long (work sucks), but i hope i don't disappoint this week! 

Just a few things: When we reach 10k (which will probably hit soon) I will be posting two chapters the next IA day and I will go live on tik tok so make sure you follow me!! 

ALSO IF YOU WANT A DAL-ENTINES DAY CARD FROM ME NEXT MONTH, I HAVE ABOUT 5 SLOTS/CARDS LEFT. SO IF YOU WANT A PHYSICAL OR VIRTUAL CARD, DM ME ON TWITTER!!! PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHICH ONE YOU WANT!! 

anyways, i wont keep you guys waiting any longer. as always, check out the links below and let me know what you think!!
-----------------------------

Charlie Barber.

He was the one thing you always thought that would throw your entire routine out of wack. That he would be the reason you stopped trying so hard to reach your goals. That he would be the final factor to send your future straight down the drain.

But, to your surprise, with a little compartmentalizing and a few secrets to keep, it was easier than you thought.

While you attended your other classes, you would free your mind from the world of Charlie Barber. You would focus on your other lectures, paying close attention to the notes you were taking in front of you.

That was the only time you would shove every thought you had about a certain six-foot-something professor out of your mind. You would forget about the way your body reacted when he spoke your name or how good it felt when his hands roamed over your skin.

None of that existed.

In between classes was obviously a different story, though. Charlie was all you knew at that point. You would find yourself eager for his next message, staring at those three dots popping up on your screen.

You wondered if he was just as eager for your next message...

Even though you allowed yourself thoughts about him in between your lectures, you would still shove those thoughts from your mind.

Things with Charlie were going well, you had to admit. Still keeping your head afloat with school and work, while having the fun Andrea always wanted you to have? You figured you finally found a middle ground with everything. You weren't going to ruin that with your wandering and anxious mind.

Before Comparison of Literature started, you would take a different way to his office each day. It gave you an excuse to roam around the beautiful campus while not giving anyone a hint of where you were going.

Of course, you didn't want anyone knowing you were on your way to not only exercising your mind but your body as well...

Once all of that was over, you would slip out of his office, straightening yourself up until you walked over to the classroom he would soon join you in. Once you two crossed that threshold, he was nothing but a stranger to you.

Just like clockwork, Amber would beat you there, being the only one in the entire room. Who were you to complain, though? She never looked in your direction and kept to herself. While waiting for Professor Barber, she would run her fingers through her auburn hair while the fresh images of Charlie ran through your mind.

Of course, when he made his entrance, there was a mutual agreement that you two would avoid each other's gaze. Trying to have an outside perspective, you didn't think anyone got a sniff of the boundaries you crossed with your professor. You considered yourself lucky and you wanted to keep it that way.

Charlie seemed to be the type to have willpower. He seemed like he was in control of his urges and kept his head screwed on right... That wasn't always the case though.