Don't push the big, red button

Y/n's POV

Where was I? What was I doing here? And where's my sandwich?

Those questions ran through my head repeatedly... especially that last one, as I groggily got out of the comfortable bed I was lying in. I was in a room that was themed red and gold. When I turned around, I realized exactly where I was.

I was staring at a ginormous poster of the one and only Iron Man behind my bed. So obviously I was somewhere in his tower.

Suddenly I heard a familiar voice coming from the ceiling.

"Miss Y/n, please proceed to the avengers common level," I heard Friday say, "Mr. Stark is down there."

"Okay Miss Friday" I replied, walking out of the room

I stepped into an unfamiliar corridor which was lined with more doors that looked exactly like mine.

I wandered down the corridors for a while, before realizing that I was hopelessly lost.

"This place needs a goddamn GPS" I muttered under my breath

"Would you like some assistance Y/n?" Friday asked

"No thank you Miss Friday, I can find one room by myself"

"Of course" she replied

I continued down the same hallway and walked in the same direction for a long time. My leg began to hurt but I wasn't going to give in.

Then when I passed the same potted plant for the third time I realized I had been walking in circles.

I gave in.

Stupid compound.

"I'd like help now Miss Friday" I asked sheepishly

"Of course Y/n" she replied. I could've sworn that she was smirking.

After ten more minutes of following the AI's instructions, I finally reached the commons floor.

I walked right in without thinking. I thought only Mr. Stark would be in there but instead I walked into a room full of avengers.

I froze as most of them turned around to look at me. I saw all of the original six, along with Mr. Rhodey, Miss Nebula, Miss Potts and what looked like a furry brown rabbit.

I was about to back out of the room and go home to the broccoli factory but Mr. Stark spotted me.

"You better have a really good reason for being out of bed" he said, pointing at me

"My leg doesn't hurt anymore and someone owes me a sandwich" I replied

"Well, come in" he said

I realized I had been awkwardly standing at the door for the past few minutes. I quickly walked in and sat in a chair near Mr. Stark.

"For whoever hasn't met her" he called out, "this is Y/n, the new...let's say kid I'm mentoring"

I gave an awkward wave to the avengers and I looked around desperately for a way to get out of this situation.

"You hungry?" Mr. Stark asked

"No" I replied

Just then my stomach gave a loud growl. Mr. Stark raised his eyebrows.

I stared at my stomach and I looked back at Mr. Stark, who was giving me a pointed look

"Okay, fine jeez I'm a bit hungry"

"Whose night is it?" he asked, directing the question to the avengers

"I'm cooking today" Mr. Rogers said