Who Am I?

I woke up with the sound of the 8 AM train rolling in. The park bench I had slept on the night before creaked and groaned as I sat up. My back ached. I don't remember the last time I slept in a bed. Two jackets wasn't enough to deflect the cold. I hated the cold.
I turned to look to see my guitar case had fallen to the floor. Ugh. I hope it wasn't damaged, my guitar was the only source of income.
I stood up and stretched and groaned, I really had to find a place with a bed or something.
I sat back down on the bench and something poked me in the ass.

"Ouch," I moved slightly to see what it was. A letter with a red wax stamp. I turned it around. It was addressed to me, who would be trying to get ahold of me. No one good.
Hogwarts School for Wizardry and Witchcraft.
Is this supposed to be a joke?
I opened the letter, waiting for something to spring out at me or something. Nothing. Huh.
I read on.
"Meet me at The Leaky Cauldron in London at 9 am today. There are important things you must know about yourself." Signed, Dumbledore.

It was almost as if I could hear an old man reading the letter to me inside my head. What was going on?

Who the fuck is Dumbledore. I wracked my brain trying to think of everyone I had met growing up on the streets of London. No one. Who would want to meet with me? And why was this addressed from a school about magic. Am I being recruited to be a magician?

I thought about this. If it's a school, there has to be other people. A place to stay maybe. A bed. Meeting with this Dumbledore guy might be worth the risk. Only one way to find out.

----------

I looked down the creepy alley. There was no one in sight. I pulled out my pocket knife, just to be safe. I slowly walked down the alley, to the creaky sign of the Leaky Cauldron. It was swinging slightly back and forth almost inviting me down the alley.

I got to the door and peered into the small foggy glass. There were odd looking people sitting around drinking and eating. I was getting a wierd feeling in my stomach. Something was telling me I was safe to go in. So I did.

The door creaked loudly as I pushed it open. My pocket knife was hidden because I pushed it slightly up my sleeve.
I walked up to the bar.

"Excuse me." I gestured to the bar tender.

"Yes, my dear." He was pulling the keg filling up a glass as he talked.

"I'm looking for someone name Dumbledore." The air in the room thickened everyone went silent. They all stared at me. What the hell. I gripped the knife in my hand. What have I gotten myself  into?

"Nice to finally meet you, Leila." I looked at him, a hint of confusion in my eyes. I had never met this man, or anyone in here in my life. "Dumbledore is waiting for you passed that door, hun."

I eyed everyone in the room as I back up from the door and slowly walk to the door he showed me. I gripped the knife in my hand. Who was behind this door waiting for me. I pushed the door open slowly and walked through.

The room was almost a closet with brick walls. There was an older gentleman with long hair and a really long beared tied in the middle. Nope, definitely never seen this man in my life.

"Hello, Leila." He didn't even turn around to check if it was me. Weird.

"Who are you and what do you want from me?" I gripped the knife in my hand. What?! I looked down, the knife was no longer in my possession. The man turned around.

"Looking for this?" The old man turned around, his fist opened up to reveal my pocket knife. What the fuck? "There is no need to be afraid of me Leila. I am Dumbledore. I am the headmaster at Hogwarts."

"What the hell is Hogwarts?" I looked at him cautiously. This has to be some sick joke. 

"It is a school for gifted children." Gifted? "People who are capable of great things. People who can perform magic?" Yep, this is definitly a joke. 

"Magicians?" I chuckled.

"No." He quickly turned around and slowly raised his hand to the brick wall. He had a long stick in his hand. A wand? He tapped the wall with the wand and it slowly started to transfrom. Bricks moving fast to the side revealing a long shopping alley. 

"What the fu.."

"This is Diagon Alley. A shopping center if you will, for witches and wizards." I was flabbergasted. How did the wall move? "I will be helping you get your textbooks, robes, and lastly your own wand."

I followed Dumbledore throughout the stores gathering the supplies he insisted I needed. Everyone seemed to know who he was. Well at least if something happened to me, people would also know who did it. This place was insane, I must be hallucinating. There were things flying and moving on its own.Was I drugged? We stopped in front of the last shop. Olivander's.

"I will let you go in, I have a few things I need to pick up. I'll be waiting outside when you are done." With that he turned and walked away. I turned and pushed the door open. 

"Oh well hello!" An old man said from across the room. The place was a mess. Dusty and there were cobwebs everywhere. The old man walked  up to me. I backed up slightly. "Your late for the school year my dear. How old are you?"

"Sixteen." I looked at him up and down. I could take an old man. 

"It's not wise to think so little of your elders." What the? How did he read my mind? "Your looking for a wand I presume. You've come to the right place." He quickly turned and walked down the many rows of small long boxes. "Here."

He handed me the box. I opened it slowly. It held a long, slender piece of maroon wood. It was beautiful. It started to almost call to me. "Leila." The old man bellowed at me. I picked up the wand. The room started to glow. The power I felt within my hand was unimaginable. I cocked my head back, eyes rolling back into my head. 

"It's been awhile since I was able to choose a wand on the first try." The man chuckled. "Congratulations. I know it will be really difficult to catch up to the other students. You will be going into your 5th year. I hope your work ethic is as powerful as the magic you possess, young child." I thanked the man and walked back outside to where Dumbledore was waiting for me. 

"I see you have your wand." I looked up at him. "There are many things you need to learn at Hogwarts. You will be very behind. You need to work harder than any other student to catch up. I have no doubt that you will be able to do it. The power I sense from you is unimaginable. Now, let's start our journey to Hogwarts."