28: irl

(The upcoming chapters will be mostly IRL for the plot!!!)
...

"Come on Devin." Kendall dragged the basketball player into the party annoyed with him already. This wasn't about him though, it was about Frankie.

"What's the rush beautiful?" Kendall stopped pointing at him with a angry face.

"Don't call me that. You're the reason I lost her, so you're helping me get her back. We're not together." Devin smirked lightly seeing his comment got to the model. Kendall rolled her eyes, turning and motioning for him to continue following her.

"Aye aye captain." The boy whispered, watching Kendall weave in and out of people. Suddenly, the model stopped, making Devin run into her back.

"There she is." Kendall said dryly, watching her former lover dancing with another man. Her hands were all over him, his all over her. It made Kendall stomach churn and in that moment Devin felt horrible. He was the reason Kendall felt this way. The reason why Kendall was so upset.

"Hey you'll get her back." Devin tried to cheer the girl up, setting his hand on her shoulder in a friendly way.

"You're right. Want a drink?"

"Shouldn't I be asking you that?" Devin joked, making Kendall smile a little.

"Fine then you buy me a drink."

...

Devin and Kendall got a few drinks under their belt, finally loosening up a bit. The two actually had great chemistry, but all Kendall would ever see is platonic chemistry. Devin was still working on figuring out his feelings.

"Would you be interested in coming to one of my basketball games? You could bring others. Like Tac, and J." Devin referred to his friends, Justin and Taco. Kendall smiled and nodded. She loved basketball, so why not.

"Great. How bout the Lakers game in a few weeks?" Kendall nodded once more, making Devin smile. His smile faltered though, as his eyes flickered behind Kendall. "Ken, look."

Kendall turned quickly, her eyes meeting a stumbling Frankie. The singer, who appeared to be unable to stand up straight, was trying to hold onto her boyfriend as she giggled. The boy just let Frankie fall off of him as he shrugged her off.

Kendall stood up, making Devin follow her lead. The model stormed over to the girl, and her boyfriend. Devin decided to take the lead, reaching down and helping Frankie up.

Frankie fell back into his arms, her legs collapsing. Devin picked the girl up, holding her bridal style as her head fell limp.

"What did you give her?!" Kendall shouted at the boyfriend as he took another sip of his scotch.

"I didn't give her shit lady. The bitch goes around. Someone probably slipped something in a drink. Can't blame them." Oh this douche bag. Kendall felt her jaw clench at his words. However, the basketball player behind her felt more anger.

"Man don't talk about her that way. You're fucked up for not protecting her." Kendall was too mad to even thank Devin.

"She's not my responsibility." Kendall felt a pit of anger travel through her body, as she went to punch the guy. Devin quickly grabbed her arm, motioning with his head for them to leave. He held Frankie in his other arm.