She didn't want to have to keep checking her phone for any messages, missed calls, or simply the time every few seconds so she tried to busy herself with some work, responding to some emails and figuring out her schedule when it came to all the interviews and press she had to do ahead of the release of the new season of her show. Everyone was talking about it when the rumours of her and Will potentially dating surfaced, and even the numbers on the first season had spiked up significantly, which was honestly great. But it was starting to get a little tiring. Although, Will was good company when they got to hang out together and make it look like they had somewhat spent the holidays together. All they had to do was have coffee at Will's mum's house and have someone take a picture of Kaia coming in and out of the London home. His family was very nice and welcoming, and his mother had the best recipe for a date cake.

Kaia had been too focused on the blinking numbers at the top right of her screen, watching the 58 turn to a 59... Any minute now, Taylor was supposed to land. She could feel the anticipation building up in her body, causing her leg to bounce uncontrollably. She didn't even have control over her teeth chewing on her nails like candy. She hated that nervous habit, but she couldn't help it.

She wasn't sure she was going to be able to leave Taylor's side all night long. She didn't want to.

She blinked for a second when her eyes had blurred completely except this time, she saw a head of blond curls in front of her. She jumped back in her seat, shooting daggers in Mica's direction.

"What?" She grunted, closing her screen and leaving the laptop on the empty seat next to her.

"Are you nervous?" Mica asked with a little boyish grin on his face.

"Why would I be nervous?" Kaia furrowed her eyebrows at him, pushing herself up to make her way to the bar where all the newly bought bottles of alcohol were displayed along with some disposable cups for the guests. She reached behind them all and grabbed an already open bottle of red along with the expensive bottle of Chardonnay, Blanc de Blancs, and walked to the kitchen.

Mica followed Kaia like a magnet, that same annoying smile still on his face. Kaia wanted to slap it off. "Because you haven't seen your girlfriend in like two weeks. Do you think the sex is gonna be awkward?"

Kaia didn't answer him until she had poured herself a glass of red to indulge herself and soothe her nerves.

"It won't be awkward," she reassured him with a little dry chuckle as she opened the fridge to leave the bottle of bubbly white wine all the way in the back. "In fact, it's probably going to be very intense, and super loud, probably even kinky. We probably won't even make it to the bedroom. So, I suggest you leave soon."

The truth was, Kaia didn't even care about sex. It was the last thing on her mind when all she really wanted to do was hug Taylor and inhale the comforting smell of her sweet perfume that she had only started to wear more often after learning that Kaia loved the smell of it.

But she didn't want to cuddle her girlfriend in front of anyone, even Mica. She wanted to possibly cry in peace with only Taylor's presence and her arms wrapped around her for comfort.

The closer it got to six o'clock, the worse her nerves got. She took a large sip from her glass, embracing the warm feeling of the wine sliding down her throat.

Mica scrunched his nose in distaste and rolled his eyes at Kaia, grabbing his jacket from the back of one of the dining chairs. "Alright, I'll get out of your hair. I'll see you at like nine or something."

He leaned down, leaving a kiss on Kaia's forehead and stealing a quick sip from her glass of red before sneaking away.

Kaia sat down at the breakfast table with her head over the surface, listening to the front door open and then Mica yelp. Her eyes widened in fear, her whole body stilling until she heard her best friend's familiar laughter.