37

happy sunday!!!!

— Taylor Swift Spotted at the Gym with Kaia Browne – They went grocery shopping right after! Big Girls' night?

— Watch this clip of Kaia Browne yelling at a photographer!

— Kaia Browne Rude to Photographer Outside Grocery Store with Best Friend Taylor Swift...

———

"So... where are we going?" Kaia asked as the sun began to set. She looked outside her window, trying to recognise anything around her but all she saw were tall trees.

"Uhm, I believe we're pretty close to Philadelphia," Taylor told her, adjusting her grip on the steering wheel. There was some traffic around them, but it wasn't too bad. Taylor leaned forward, glancing up at a large sign, and pointed at it. "Right, the exit is just a few miles away. I'm... not entirely sure where I'm driving actually. I was hoping you might tell me to stop somewhere."

The blonde chuckled, sitting back in her leather seat and holding her head with her left hand, her elbow pushed against the window.

"I'll be honest with you," Kaia responded, turning her gaze toward her girlfriend. "I don't know any places in this country of yours besides Manhattan, and maybe Los Angeles."

"That's fair enough," Taylor laughed, changing her grip around the steering wheel from her right hand to her left and grabbing Kaia's hand. "I'll just drive around until something looks interesting."

Kaia nodded, not minding that plan at all, or rather the lack of a plan. The spontaneity of their getaway holiday just made it all the more exciting. The only issue was that it was almost night time, and they had no idea where they were going.

"We are going to have to stop and find somewhere to sleep soon enough, though. We're not driving around in the middle of the night," Kaia told her, looking outside at the slowly darkening line of forest trees.

"We'll find a hotel or a bed and breakfast or something," Taylor reassured her, squeezing Kaia's fingers gently, being careful to avoid the bandages around her palm. The local anaesthetic hadn't worn off yet, anyway, but Kaia still appreciated how gentle she was being.

Kaia nodded and leaned her head against the cool window, turning sideways to watch Taylor and the way her face shone in the soft light of the sun setting behind them, turning the world around them fiery orange. She held Taylor's hand in her lap with her uninjured hand and fiddled with her long fingers, brushing her rough fingertips with her own; the callouses and scars left from years of pressing down on guitar strings always tickled her skin and it made her smile.

"You grew up in Philadelphia, didn't you?" Kaia asked, looking up at the sign that told them the exit was ten miles away.

"Wyomissing," Taylor corrected her, glancing quickly at her before turning her attention back to the cars in front of her. "It's about an hour away from Philly. Why do you ask?"

Kaia shrugged her shoulders and smiled sheepishly at Taylor. "It was a Christmas Tree farm, wasn't it?"

"Yeah... you're not going to make me take you there, are you?"

But even as Taylor spoke with the dramatic hint of dread in her tone, she turned on her indicator and changed lanes to head toward the exit. Kaia grinned widely at her and nodded.

"Yes, I am. I love Christmas Trees."

"It's November."

"It's never too early for Christmas, babe," she told her with a roll of her eyes. "I will not have any Christmas slander!"