epilogue

i bet you all expected a Sunday update, so I hope this makes up for the fact that this is the last chapter of Delicate...?

I wanted to start off by saying thank you so so so much for all the amazing support you guys have shown me and this story. Honestly, you guys have always encouraged me to keep writing and have turned this into a lot more than a simple hobby.

Thank you so much for following Kaia and Taylor's story... which reminds me btw, we never gave them a ship name?? What do u guys think?

Anyway... pls enjoy this chapter and check the end for more notes!!

——

December 31st, 2016

"So, we've got the wine!" Mica said, clapping his hands enthusiastically.

"Yep," Kaia mumbled in response, not really paying attention as her focus had been entirely on the computer screen before her, reading through her emails.

"Annnnd the tequila!"

"Uh-huh," she responded, still sounding bored.

"Ah, gin, of course."

"Yum."

"Champagne for when the clock strikes midnight! Dude, that's expensive as shit... Elle est folle, ta copine!" [Your girlfriend is insane.]

Kaia glanced up momentarily, noting the, yes, expensive bottle of champagne in Mica's hands. She chuckled softly and returned to her laptop, adjusting her new glasses over the bridge of her nose.

"C'est moi qui l'a choisi," Kaia told him. "Et de toute façon, c'est un cadeau pour elle, pas pour toi, donc remets-la à sa place avant que tu le regrettes! The rest of the champagne for everyone else is in the fridge." [I'm the one who chose it. And anyway, it's a present for her, not you, so put it back in its place before you regret it!]

She pushed her glasses up again with the tip of her finger, still not used to having them on. After returning to New York, Kaia had two weeks before leaving for England with her family, so Taylor had begged her to go see that eye doctor and after enough annoyance, Kaia relented, and as it turned out, she really did need them, though her eyesight wasn't all that bad, and she made sure to point that out to Taylor! It was only a degree off!

Kaia had gone to spend the holidays with her dad's family, which she didn't entirely mind if it weren't for the fact that it meant spending two whole weeks away from Taylor. After practically being attached at the hip, it was hard getting used to their separation again. At least, her grandmother's house was in the country with a beautiful lake nearby that she knew Taylor would absolutely love. She knew she wanted to bring her there someday. She would have invited her as well if Taylor didn't have to spend the holidays with her own family.

But they had made plans for the New Year, inviting their closest friends for a party in London, and they would stay there together on the down-low while Kaia had to work. It wasn't that Taylor didn't have to work either. In fact, she had finally decided to start working on her music again which was especially exciting for Kaia. She was so proud of her. But Taylor could write her songs just about anywhere and she wanted to spend most of her time in London with some trips back home in Nashville on her schedule. At least, they could hide out there easier without anyone ever knowing their whereabouts.

Taylor was flying in later that evening from Nashville and Kaia simply could not wait. Her whole body was buzzing, craving to be close to her girlfriend. Hour-long phone calls every day simply did not do the trick.