10

guys your support for this story so far has been unbelievable. Seriously, thank you so so much!

I hope you enjoy this chapter! :)

———

Kaia blinked her eyes open to an unfamiliar ceiling. Weirder yet, she felt a very warm presence under her, much stiffer than her mattress but still, pretty comforting.

She could smell the familiar faint scent of flowers and when she glanced up, she almost jumped in surprise when she saw Taylor already awake, sitting up, and going through her phone.

"Oh! Good morning, Kibbles," Taylor said softly, placing her phone on the bedside table and smiling sleepily at Kaia who only frowned and shook her head, moving to lie down on her back.

"Nope, don't call me that," she muttered, her voice raspy and heavy with sleep.

Taylor's smile only widened, her fingers moving to brush a loose curl away from Kaia's forehead. Kaia felt her insides churn at the contact and she pushed herself up to sit with her back against the headboard.

"Okay, so only when you're on the brink of falling asleep, then. Got it!" Taylor said, almost like talking to herself.

Kaia turned to her confusedly, furrowing her eyebrows. "What?"

"Nothing!" Taylor exclaimed, clapping her hands together enthusiastically. "Sleep well?"

Kaia nodded, covering her face as a heavy yawn took over her body. "Mhm, yeah," she finally hummed, collapsing back down against the mattress. "Sorry I kind of rolled onto you in my sleep. You should have just pushed me away."

"It was cute, and I didn't wanna wake you. You look so serene when you're sleeping," Taylor laughed, turning on her side to meet Kaia's gaze. "Besides, I did commit to being your pillow last night. Couldn't step down from my very important duty."

"What?" Kaia chuckled, having absolutely no recollection of the previous night after dozing off on the couch beside some vague memory of Taylor helping her to bed.

"I was gonna just give you my bed but you kinda made me stay here so you could use me as your pillow," Taylor explained with a light giggle. "You're very cuddly when you're sleepy."

"God, I'm sorry," Kaia sighed, letting out an embarrassed laugh. "Seriously, you could have just pushed me away. I'm practically a log when I'm asleep."

"Kibs, it's fine," Taylor insisted, finally getting out of bed and stretching her long limbs. "I really didn't mind. In fact, it— it kind of made me feel better."

Taylor's cheeks were tinted slightly red as she brushed her fingers through her hair to comb out the mess. Kaia was sure her bedhead was absolutely horrifying.

She climbed out of the large bed as well and grabbed the bedsheets to help Taylor fix them.

"Look at us, being domestic and everything," Taylor said playfully, tossing a throw pillow toward Kaia to place it on her end of the bed while Taylor added a matching one on the other side.

"Do you wanna get breakfast?" Kaia asked, stretching her limbs again as they stood and admired their work on the bed.

"My parents should be coming over soon— Oh! You'll finally get to meet my daughters!" Taylor explained, somehow more energetic that morning than Kaia had ever seen her.

"You look well-rested," Kaia observed with a little happy smile that Taylor returned. The blonde walked over to the ensuite, rummaged through the drawers, and came back with a toothbrush in her hand.