Chapter twenty one

Chapter twenty one

         "Nishi's leaving again..." Ja'far commented, watching the magi from a balcony in the palace. "Do you plan to do anything about this, Sin?" He turned and walked inside to where Sinbad was sitting at a desk.

         "Not yet. But I do plan on figuring out where she's going." Sinbad spoke.

         "How are you going to do that?"

         "I'm not sure yet..." Sinbad thought. Nishi's not stupid, she'll notice if we try anything...

~

         "Hey! What the hell?!" Judar jumped in surprise as Nishi came up behind him and wrapped her arms around his stomach.

         "Hi!" Nishi laughed, quickly kissing him on the cheek before backing off. "You wanted to see me?"

         "What's got you in such a good mood?" Judar grumbled, sounding slightly annoyed.

         Nishi sighed dramatically, "Gosh, you don't like me when I'm sad, you don't like me when I'm happy, what do you want?" She messed his hair up with one hand.

         "Stop it." Judar hit her hand away.

        Nishi stuck her tongue out at Judar before returning to normal and asking, "So, what do you have planned for today?"

         Judar shrugged, "I dunno."

         "That's it? 'I dunno'?" Nishi frowned. "Why'd you send a letter then?"

         "We haven't talked in a while."

       "We met a few days ago," Nishi chuckled. "Aw, did you miss me?" She smirked and circled Judar.

         "Shut the hell up." Judar crossed his arms. "Why the hell would I miss someone as annoying as you?"

         Nishi continued smiling. She always found it amusing that Judar had a hard time showing his feelings. He'd say rude things, but she saw it as a feeble attempt at avoiding the topic. It almost reminded her of how Kana acted towards Rin. She found it a bit weird though, he didn't always act like he didn't care, sometimes he'd act like when she'd first confessed to him in Kou: rather open and flirty about it.

         "Come on, let's go do something!" Nishi grabbed Judar's hand and used gravity magic to fly up, forcing him to do the same.

        "Where do you plan on going?" It wasn't easy finding a place outside of the Kou empire and that wasn't part of the Seven Seas Alliance.

         "Hmm...I've got a place in mind..."

~

         "Fun fact, this is the country Yunan found me in as a baby." Nishi pointed out as her and Judar walked around a well-established country.

         "Hmm. I'm surprised Kou hasn't gotten to it yet." Judar looked around. It was like any other country, it had decent citizens, although there were some slaves around. Small shops lined the streets, and people happily shopped and talked to others.

         "Yeah. But, come on, there's some shops around that sell amazing food!" Nishi tried to drag him along with her.

         "Do you have gold? Kou's Huang won't work here."  Judar asked.