Chapter eight

Chapter eight

         "I'm just as much a victim of Al-Thamen!"

         Nishi laid on her bed, staring at the ceiling.  She was still in shock. Judar had somehow broken through Yamuraiha's barrier and entered Sindria. He had talked with Sinbad about how Aladdin and Nishi shouldn't exist, but he seemed to be more concerned about Aladdin. Sinbad then acted coldly towards Judar, which was logical to Nishi, but she didn't understand why Judar had gotten so upset, just to laugh it off.

         "I wish I could've led an ordinary life too!" Judar had begun crying, surprising even Sinbad.

         Nishi felt bad for him, she really did. She saw him as a friend, even if they couldn't act like it around everyone else. But then he just started laughing, he even mocked Sinbad for pitying him. Judar also added that he was going to destroy Sindria. What surprised Nishi even more was when Kougyoku stepped in. Everyone could tell Kougyoku liked Sinbad, so for the princess to hear that her country would destroy Sindria must have been absurd.

         "Poor Kougyoku...She doesn't even realize what Sinbad's doing..." Nishi sighed. She was so torn. She liked Kougyoku. In the months the princess was in Sindria they had talked a few times. But between being friends with Judar- who was now their enemy-, Kougyoku, who Sinbad was using-, and having to be Sindria's magi, Nishi wasn't sure what side she was supposed to be on. But I feel so bad for Judar...I get what he must feel- even if he tries to act like he doesn't care...

         Nishi sighed, "I don't want to just stop talking with Judar..." She tried to keep her voice low, she wouldn't be surprised if someone listened in. Nishi loved Sindria, she did, but after being here for so long she was seeing Sinbad's darker side. I can only imagine how angry Sin would be if he knew me and Judar were friends...

         She groaned as someone knocked at the door. "Come in." Nishi sat up lazily.

         "Miss, a letter has arrived for you." A guard entered the room.

         "From whom?" Nishi frowned, she wasn't expecting anything.

         "The Kou empire, Miss."

         "Kou? Does King Sinbad know?"  She stood up and took the letter from him.

         "Yes, he's been informed." The guard nodded.

         "Okay...Thank you." Nishi nodded to the guard as he exited her room. She didn't bother with a letter opener and just tore open the letter. Nishi chuckled as she skimmed the letter, "So Princess Kougyoku wants me to come to Kou at some point? Sweet." She read through the letter a bit more, then felt something weird on the back of the page, "What's this?"

         On the back of the letter was another piece of paper taped to it, telling her to meet someone in a country she'd never been to. "Huh...?" Maybe it was Judar...? Nishi began smiling, that sneaky little...

         She wasn't sure how meeting him would go. After what he said a few days before, she knew it would be a bit awkward. Nishi also felt something bad was going to happen if she went to this country, but she shook it off, even if Judar were to try anything, she knew she could take him on.

         Nishi kept Kougyoku and Judar's letters on her, tucking them away before grabbing her wand and leaving the room.  "Good evening, Nishi." Nishi stopped walking as Ja'far greeted her from behind.

      "Good evening, Ja'far." Nishi turned towards him and returned his smile. "Do you need something?"

         "Sin wanted me to ask what the letter from Kou said."

         "Oh, not much. Princess Kougyoku invited me to visit Kou." Nishi knew Sindria and Kou were on good terms for the time being, so telling the truth was fine.

         "Really?" Ja'far seemed interested.

         "Mhm, I'm actually looking forward to it." She smiled a bit.

         "I'm sure Sin wouldn't advise you go."

         "I know, but I'm not going as Sindria's magi, I'm going just as myself, a friend of the Princess." Nishi assured.

         Ja'far nodded a little and changed the subject, "Where are you going so late?"

         Nishi shrugged, "I just need to go somewhere real quick, I won't be long."

         "Alright. Be careful."

         "Goodnight, Ja'far." Nishi smiled at him again.

~

        Nishi landed lightly on the ground, scaring a few townspeople with her sudden appearance. "Geez! Flying's so annoying!" She complained, stretching her back. She sighed and looked around the country. It looked like any other country, nothing special. Now, where am I meeting him? She pulled the note out and reread it.

         Nishi looked around again. They were meeting in an old bar that went bankrupt and hadn't reopened. It was a good idea, no one would ever think to look for either of the magi there.

         "Hello?" That bad feeling crept up on her again as she entered the dark building. "Juda- Hey!" She quickly dodged as someone attempted to hit her. "What the-?"

         "Ah, looks like we got a smart one this time." A tall man walked into the small amount of moonlight shining in.

         "Wha-?" Nishi couldn't react quick enough as another person hit her from behind.

~