Chapter thirty three

         Nishi landed gracefully outside Sindria's palace. She could already imagine what they'd all say. She quietly made her way through the palace to Sinbad's office. It was the next morning and she knew for a fact they'd all be worried, especially with her wounds.

         "Nishi! There you are!" Sharrkan exclaimed from inside Sinbad's office. "Where the hell have you been?!?"

         "You had us all worried sick!" Yamuraiha added, Nishi was surprised they agreed on something.

         "What were you thinking?" Ja'far demanded.

         It was only the three generals and Sinbad in the room. "I'm sorry." Nishi bowed her head, completely sincere. "But I'd like to speak to King Sinbad alone. If...that's alright." She glanced up at Sinbad for his approval, to which he nodded.

         The generals left the room, Yamuraiha pausing to look at Nishi again before leaving. Nishi knew she must have seen her rukh.

         "What happened?" Sinbad asked, gesturing for her to sit. "Why is it something you can't say in front of everyone else?"

         Nishi listened and sat across from him before speaking, "I figured it be better talking one-on-one, especially because you yourself are half-fallen too."

         Sinbad's gold eyes widened in surprise, "How do you...?"

         "I've noticed for a while, but it never bothered me, so I didn't mention it." Nishi explained.

         "What do you mean, 'too'?"

         Nishi then explained what happened with Aladdin and the result, once again leaving out the parts with Judar. "...So now I'm half fallen, just like you. The perfect balance of black and white rukh"

         "Hmm...I didn't expect this...I didn't even know it was that bad." Sinbad thought for a while.

         "Yeah...I'm sorry I've been doing a lot behind your back..." Nishi apologized again.

         "As long as it's not going to happen anymore." Sinbad sighed, "What about you and Judar?"

         "Judar?" Nishi echoed. "What about him?"

         "You haven't talked to him again?"

         "No..." Nishi tried. Sinbad gave her a knowing look. "I swear, nothing between me and Judar is going to affect Sindria. I am only loyal to you and I would never do anything that would harm Sindria." She promised.

         "I know how loyal you are, Nishi." Sinbad sighed deeply, "I'm never going to agree to this or think it's right, but fine."

         "S-Seriously?!" Nishi exclaimed. She smiled and jumped up and hugged Sinbad over the desk. "Thank you!~" She was glad Sinbad still trusted her. Nishi had messed up several times and lied to him even more, she wasn't sure she deserved to be trusted again.

         "Oof! Ok, ok." Sinbad managed to laugh.

         Nishi relaxed and backed off, "Sorry..." She laughed awkwardly.