"Get up," she whispered as she pushed him off her.

"Eunkyung?"

The princess' eyes slightly widened to see Seungmin's shocked face.

"What are you doing?!" he whisper-yelled and blocked Eunkyung from Minju's vision. Then he lift up her hood to cover her.

"Move away."

"Your leg–"

"He's escaping!" she yanked his hand away and immediately got up. Without looking back, the princess continued chasing him with profanities leaving her mouth. She had completely lost sight of the man, even the knights couldn't be found.

"Are you okay?" Minju worriedly asked as Seungmin brushed off the fabric.

He nodded and sent an apologetic look, "Minju, I am so sorry but I need to go to– go after her."

Her facial expression slightly changed into a dim look. "Why? Do you know her?"

"No but," he discreetly raised a covered knife in his hand. "She dropped this."

A loud gasp escaped her mouth.

"I... I am so sorry we can always pick another day to stroll around right?" he rushed. "I'll see you at school!"

With that, he ran off.

Minju's shoulders dropped in disappointment. Her heart stung a bit as she watched Seungmin left and slowly, his figure was out of her sight. However, she tried to be optimistic about it and told herself there's other time, just like what he said. So she took a deep breath and walked around alone.

Seungmin spotted the figure in a dark emerald green cloak at the end of the road. She looked around and soon, four royal knights appeared. He could see them shaking his head.

With careful steps, Seungmin walked towards them. One of the knights noticed him and quickly raised the gun but that didn't stop him.

"Don't," she held a hand up to the knight. "He's a friend."

The knight nodded firmly and put down his gun.

"You dropped this."

She stared at the knife in his hand and sighed, "So if I got him I still won't be able to do anything." she muttered as she took the knife and slid it under her sleeves. "Thanks."

"Are your legs okay?"

"He must not have gone far from this area probably still hiding in between buildings," she ignored his question. "Split and search for him, don't let him near any of these people and make sure the public don't see you openly."

"We're sending you to the palace, Your Highness." One of them said but she shook her head.

"He's here," she tilted her head to Seungmin and the guy cocked an eyebrow. "Give him one of your defender, please."

A knight tossed Seungmin a knife and he immediately caught it before keeping it under his cloak on the waistline. After that, the knights split ways to search for the culprit.

Eunkyung pursed her lips tightly as she looked around. Her face displayed worry and concern. "You're not hurt, right?"

Seungmin blinked his eyes in confusion and slowly shook his head as a no, "I should be the one asking."

"I brought him here so I need to make sure everyone is fine."

The corner of his lips slowly curled up into a small smile when she's not looking. It was rare to see the princess worry for him and somehow the simple question made his heart flutter. Seungmin pursed his lips into a thin line and turned to the side, not wanting Eunkyung to see him smiling like an idiot over the smallest thing.

✓ the hooded princess • kim seungminजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें