Archon's sin chapter 1 - Morax

Start from the beginning

"Is that child hoping for some kind of reward? Go away kid, I don't have anything to give you" the god thought.

Because his body was literally a volcano, he wasn't able to communicate with most people.

The child sat there for some time and then ran away.

"They won't be coming back when I didn't give them a reward. Why do I feel a bit sad?" he thought.

The next day, the child returned with some more offerings and ran away when they didn't get anything in return.

This repeated for some days and the god started growing attached to the child.

One day the child came late.

"Did you stub you toe kid?" the god thought.

He noticed that the child was crying as they sat next to him.

A few minutes later they told him how some people of the country were being affected by a mysterious illness that had killed their family too.

The god felt bad for them but couldn't do anything but listen to them as they cried.

As years passed the child regularly visited the leyline opening to talk with their god and offer some gifts. Both of them had grown pretty close and the god was practically like the kid's new father.

Some time later other people found the leyline too and began offering too. The god thought all of them wanted something in return as the humans had just build a new research facility inside the volcano.

In reality people found out that this leyline was their god's consciousness and came to thank him for all he had done for them. But the god didn't know this and slowly grew angry at his people, thinking that they were all greedy and wanted gifts from him.

After his consciousness was constantly given gifts, it strengthened him, but erosion of the past thousands of years finally caught up with him.

He slowly forgot about the kid he cared for, his people, everything about his country.

He thought that the humans came to him for the riches they could find in his body. The offerings? He forgot about them. According to him the humans were giving him things to try and keep him distracted as they exploited him.          

The kid had grown a lot but still came to meet their 'father' everyday and have a small talk with him. He thought that they were just a  normal human, here for some kind of reward.

Nobody noticed what was wrong with their god because he couldn't talk with them.

20 years after he met the kid, he only had hate for his people. One day, he finally snapped and decided to end all of them. He started building up all his energy for a massive eruption to destroy the country.

The humans noticed it too and tried to clam down their god. He didn't listen to them and provided more energy for the eruption.

People from Liyue found out about their neighbor's problems and Morax went to talk with the volcano god.

"My friend, why are you doing this?" he asked the god.

Morax was the only person the god could talk to because of his ability to feel what rocks were thinking.

"You won't understand Morax. These people have been exploiting my resources for years and this time, I shall have my revenge" he said.

Morax tried to convince him that these were his people but the god didn't listen.